Are YouTubers good or bad for the sport of boxing?

Originally published at: Are YouTubers good or bad for the sport of boxing? | Boing Boing

1 Like

It’s a Schrödinger’s cat of the sports world, in that it’s both impossibly popular and less relevant than ever.

Heisenberg’s cat?

Jake Paul is bad for humanity, so…

6 Likes

My first instinct is always like “ugh, fighting as sport, I just don’t see the appeal” but then I remember that I like hockey.

5 Likes

As the old joke goes, “I went to a fight, and a hockey game broke out”. :grimacing::canada:

8 Likes

I thought youtube was for unboxing videos.

11 Likes

So they’re concerned that they will tarnish the reputation of boxing?

Dr Evil Whatever GIF

tenor (9)

1 Like

I’m amazed that in a post that begins with the above line any posts in this thread that question the ethics of the sport of boxing are getting removed for being “off topic.”

1 Like

I suppose if we want to discuss that we should start our own topic. Heaven forfend any topic should examine the content of the post in a less than fully agreeable way.

Honestly, I’m more focused on how good boxing is for YouTubers:

A totally consensual mechanism to encourage the most irksome attention junkies of the platform to opt into potentially serious facial and neurological damage is a thing of genius. All the punchable people getting punched; none of the vigilante violence or assault charges.

1 Like

I mean I think boxing is pretty dumb in general, but I’m fine with anything where Jake Paul gets punched.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.