Arizona CEO who calls black Uber driver the N-- word is banned from app, suspended from job

Well technically… (and yes, I realize that it’s not the same thing, just humor me ok?)

• Total American Indian/Alaska Native (AI/AN) alone population: 2.9 million or about 0.9 percent of the US population.(r1)

• Total AI/AN population alone or in combination with other races: 5.2 million or 1.7 percent of the US population.(r2)
    http://www.ncai.org/about-tribes/demographics

Sounds to me like he’s very successfully integrated into the dominant local culture. Isn’t that what people are always telling immigrants to do?

4 Likes

Not okay, Boomer.

1 Like

"A drunk mind speaks a sober heart.”

2 Likes

More like he shouldn’t have even thought what he said.

1 Like

I mean obviously in the metaphorical sense the US is a “country of immigrants” in that it’s made up almost entirely of people whose families immigrated here (recently). Unfortunately “recently” is long enough ago that Trump voters get to pretend it’s not true…

3 Likes

I suspect that the same tRumpers complaining about immigrants are the same that like to go on about “black on black crime”… I say “stop immigrant on immigrant hate!”.

3 Likes

Excuses, excuses. Did the alcohol say those naughty words that it never would have occurred to this upstanding pillar of society to even think?

…on camera.

3 Likes

“Is it because I’m white?”

Yes, it’s because he refuses all service from white people, even though, white people make up 85% of the population :roll_eyes:

It’s interesting the narratives we tell ourselves. Why would it be because he’s white, rather than too tall, too short, too thin, too fat, too rich, too poor, etc? Or, more probably, too drunk, too much of an asshole? Out of any other narrative he could have picked, why did it have to be race-based? And why did it have to be one that absolved him of personal responsibility? I’ll bet he loves personal responsibility, unless he is the person who has to be responsible.

3 Likes

Victim Culture. Donny TwoScoops is it’s king

2 Likes

Driving Mr. Daisy

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.