Arizona javelina responds to complaints about golf course destruction: "I ate all all your precious golf worms and I'd do it again"

200-3222275362

4 Likes

I also enjoy randomly finding USGS monuments! Somewhere in my archives, I have photos of the monument inside Hoover Dam and near the top of whatever that 14k’-ish mountain outside of Denver you can drive almost to the top of. I know it’s possible to look up where to find them, but it’s more fun to just stumble upon them (if one is weird like this).

@OhHai - these monuments are meant to be benchmarks and some are really accurate traverse points set as USGS moved across the nation.

Woah, just realized how off-topic we’re getting. I’m team Javelina, all the way!

12 Likes

You know how we do on BB. :slight_smile:
I am also on team Javelina!
We even brought home some metal Javelina lawn ornaments from AZ last time we were there.

8 Likes

I never thought I’d get mentioned in a front page article. It made my night. Thanks!

Go Javelinas, Go!

10 Likes

… they definitely wouldn’t want people to think they were rounding to the nearest hundred feet

and also if it was 4499 feet 11⅞ inches that might be even more aggravating

6 Likes

So Close Nbc 90Th Special GIF by NBC

11 Likes

I got my picture on the one on top of the volcano on Oahu over the summer. Despite multiple physical limitations, I still, barely, made it to the top. Highly recommend it if you can. I have a little baby souvenir copy of it on my desk as a reminder.

8 Likes

hey, man, thank you so much for pointing me to the best article I’ve read in quite a while!

6 Likes

the hero we don’t deserve!!

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.