When javelinas attack

Originally published at: When javelinas attack | Boing Boing

1 Like

When I moved into my dorm my freshman year at Texas A&M, my roommate had already moved in, and mounted a javelina head on the wall. I probably made some comment about a boar, and got an education on javelinas not being pigs very quickly.

7 Likes

Dorms are such small spaces that it seems people probably curate their decorations carefully. I feel like having a freshman year roommate with a mounted animal head makes for an adventurous year.

5 Likes

But what are you supposed to do if 30-50 of them crash into your yard while your kids play?

7 Likes

50? Decide it’s too late to tell the kids about the javelina convention battle protocol?
Hit call on your Tesla remote and look for the red armor?
Get the youngest to make the most noise ever? Enlist outdoor speakers?
Call the OB GYN about that extended warranty?
Make the Ring stop calling javelinas.

5 Likes

Adventurous…yeah that’s a word that might work. He was actually not entirely horrible until he decided to join a fraternity. After that, he started being an asshole.

1 Like

Something something 30-50 feral javelinas.

As kids in Texas we were told lots of stories abkut how meam they are. We were also told to stay away from them and we did.

Some 30 years ago when our daughter was 7 or 8 we were vacationing with friends at a campground in Huachuca City, Arizona.

We went for a walk down some trails with heavy brush. Our daughter ran ahead, as soon as she got around a bend we heard a scream and she came running back with a cute little javelina running behind her. When the little guy saw us it turned and ran away.

A cell phone camera sure would have come in handy.

She still remembers and tells the story.

1 Like

No Javelina stories from Boston MA but the coyotes around here are definitely losing their fear of humans.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.