Arizona's kick-ass new bisexual Senator took her oath on the US Constitution, administered by cringing, homophobic Dominionist Mike Pence

Lego Jesus vs the money-changers

22 Likes

Didn’t Pence also have to swear in a couple of Muslim women on a Quran? Good times.

11 Likes

Probably not the one you were thinking of, but I’m thinking Judy Holliday from “Born Yesterday”;

16 Likes

No wife and no bible… it must have been exhilarating!

11 Likes

Can someone explain exactly where in this video that Pence is cringing?

I am no Pence fan and I agree he’s a homophobe and religious zealot; but he seemed normal and gentlemanly in this video while swearing her in.

7 Likes

They’re in the House of Representatives, so Pence wouldn’t be the one swearing them in. The VP is in charge of the Senate.

1 Like

Apparently, it’s more important to point out that she’s bisexual than to mention her name. It must suck to be only as important as the boxes you check on the diversity list, rather than as a person.

14 Likes

Exactly. I think Mike Pence and his policies are terrible things for the US. But he seems to take the job seriously and treats people like human beings.

Among the people with whom I disagree on virtually every issue he is one of the better ones.

3 Likes

com-resize

4 Likes

Those crazy theocratic rules of his only forbid him to be alone with a woman besides his wife.

On national tv anyway. It’s true that he seems to be respectful of traditions unlike 45, but I doubt he’s that gracious in private given his views.

4 Likes

At least there’s SOMETHING different about her. She’s not pandering to ALL the usual suspects.

1 Like

Meh. Another Washington hot dog/legend in their own mind… Must be bad water in Arizona.

Citizen! Are you refusing to participate in the Two Minutes Hate?

3 Likes

I hadn’t, actually. No. Why, do you?

In his mind he is going: “Look into the eyes , the eyes Mikey, not the mouth and not the hair. The eyes, the eyes, oh fickle fudge she is walking away…what do I do what do I do??? Stare at the carpet - yes - that’s safe, stare at the exit, but not the bum, NOT THE BUM…fickle fudge. Who’s next?”.

3 Likes

You know what really sucks? To be entirely dismissed and discriminated against because of who you are.

12 Likes

He probably just prays for her to give up her sinful ways…

3 Likes

Aside from being incredibly offensive to plenty of the commentariat here, who is it that gave his only son, and made a new testament with the world in your land of make-believe? Wasn’t the god of Abraham and Moses - and Mohammed - the same god Jesus prayed to? Tell me again what Jesus said about those who make a display of their piety. Then go away.

Edited to add: I’m no theologian. This is pretty basic.

1 Like

She is a bit Marilyn Monroe-y

2 Likes

I’ll allow it.

2 Likes