Arkansas IHOP manager put on leave for refusing to let armless kid eat with his feet

I’m amazed a three year old kid can feed himself pancakes with syrup in a restaurant, let alone a three year old kid with no arms. That must be some amazing kid.

2 Likes

My three-year-old would definitely feed themselves pancakes. Pouring the syrup on their own pancakes?!? I’m not about to let them do that at home.

(Not a motor skills thing, a three-year-old’s-idea-of-how-much-syrup-is-appropriate thing)

6 Likes

saturated is not the proper amount of syrup?

Can’t-find-a-pancake-fragment-in-your-bowl-of-syrup is not the proper amount.

But then my three-year-old is a pretty outside-the-box thinker, so I imagine there’s a reasonable chance that she’d think, “Wait, I could just drink right from the bottle.”

4 Likes

I think one can still eat out in places like that. The food is generally “clean”. Maybe wipe the table down first.

But with things like Ihop or where ever that has sticky honeys and syrups and jams, that’s always going to be a germ pit, no matter who is using them.

Also, sorry about your nephew. That his a hell of a disease :frowning: I remember seeing a BBC show about it.

3 Likes

To be honest I am 50 and still consider that a valid option.

2 Likes

There’s this thing about being a parent where you have to stop your kid from doing things you’d do yourself.

6 Likes

“Because I am the adult and that is why I can have ice cream for breakfast.”

Maybe its for the best the kiddo lives with her mom…

2 Likes

It’s also important not to do that thing in front of them. It’s a multi-pronged strategy.

2 Likes

The thing with rules is, what if it’s a stupid rule in this situation and should be ignored?

Obviously you have no appreciation for pancake soup.

4 Likes

I certainly have no appreciation for anything that could be called “pancake syrup”.

We are supposed to adorn our pancakes with the blood of maple trees. Anything else is heresy.

6 Likes

Now that I am on board with.

1 Like

Of course. The only question is, “Are we making soup?”

My kids at 3 years old would insist “Yes. This dish should resemble soup. More syrup.”

1 Like

5 Likes

I regret that I can only give that one like!

1 Like

Birch isn’t half bad, though.

2 Likes

As long as it’s the blood of a tree, I can write if off as different strokes for different folks.

1 Like

What was she trying to do?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.