Ars Technica writer Peter Bright aka @DrPizza arrested for 'enticement of a minor to engage in illegal sexual activity'

Mm. Innocent until proven guilty and all that. Also, Posobiec is a POS.

Yes innocent until proven guilty. The comparison is not a endorsement,
The irony is like a anti gay senator getting caught having a same sex affair, seeing how he felt the need to comment on child sex while likely having proclivities at that very moment. Say what you will about “ pizzagate” it’s undeniable that Pedophilia runs rampant in the elite and political classes with cases not investigated, sweetheart deals given out, and cover ups.

I do find it encouraging that even seemingly intelligent people still get caught when they (allegedly) do stuff like this.

1 Like

Exactly. For instance, people’s tastes varying up and down the scales of skin color, gender, gender preference, and levels of personal control and punishment are still being categorized as kinks, when mostly they’re just people exercising their sexual preferences. Even “age play” between two consenting adults of physical and mental maturity shouldn’t really raise alarm bells, even if it might raise a few eyebrows. Actual kids? That’s a completely different ballgame.

If he’d been truly announcing it, he would have tagged himself “pedo”.

23 Likes

Remember the line from #MeToo? There’s never just one. Why did he do it so confidently? Why didn’t anything this obvious tip him off? Because he’s done it before.*

*Innocent until proven guilty, facts not in evidence, etc. But you don’t start out here, this is just where he’s finished.

9 Likes

1 Like

What I’ll say about ‘pizzagate’ isn’t printable in polite company. The more polite version: fucking bullshit.

Getting back on topic, Bright will face due process, and rightly so.

8 Likes

Most subculture have there own lingo…

1 Like

True, but all “pervy” tells me is that person isn’t very vanilla. Of course, he actually was hiding his true intent from the public, even if he skirted around the subject occasionally in public posts. That, and obvs wanting to have sex with kids, is where he crossed the line.

17 Likes

google results are all kinds of fucked (2-10)

we’ve got cernovich, an actual harrassment forum (that dedicates time to attempting to dox and frame anyone remotely opposed to TERFs and Trump) and yet another garbage MRA webshite

edit:
isn’t being against Trump literally the default position of all not-quite-frothing-racist people?

10 Likes

Male feminist…LOL. NOT.

1 Like

Huh, didn’t see that coming.

Well, I wonder who will be reviewing Microsoft stuff for Ars now.

1 Like

You’re so next!

1 Like

Some of his tweets don’t age well

2 Likes

annnd it seems he doesn’t work for ars any more.

6 Likes

Poly means polyamorous – loving multiple people at the same time.
Pan means pansexual, attracted to many different genders.
Pervy means open to kink and adventure, possibly hyper sexual as well.

None of that means pedophile. It’s like the myth of gay men all being pedophiles and “sexual deviants”. That somehow being monogamous, straight, and sexually reserved = never a pedophile/or rapist. Your claim has a big pile of phobic stuff going on with it and nothing to back it up. I was going to flag your comment for the mods, but I hope this helps open your mind a bit instead.

47 Likes

I read Ars daily. Looking back, Bright posted his last articles on May 21st. Now we know why.

3 Likes

Ugh.

17 Likes

Yeah, me too. And he no longer shows up on the Ars staff page.

Edit: there is now a comments stream going on that story in reference to the pedo charges.

2 Likes