Art Spiegelman responds to the MAUS banning controversy

Came to say the same thing. Jinx! The stripes work a little like dazzle paint, obscuring the flat surfaces and making it harder to identify, and give it a little bit of an IS-3 vibe.

5 Likes

I used to drive one back in the day. I think the main gun looks comically short in the picture, but theyre trying to squish it into the panel so i get it. Trump must be eight feet tall too.

8 Likes

ROFL :joy: not the best artwork, to be sure. I wonder what is going on with the eagle? Is it shooting a gun with its talons? Carrying a big honking stick of TNT? It’s certainly got enough guns, flags, and explosions for a full on trumpgasm.

6 Likes

I don’t want to be disingenuous or obtuse, but can you point me to where you found that, please?

2 Likes

Its name is Eagly.

2 Likes

Here’s a link from Christian Science Monitor regarding US Evangelical influence on the Ugandan anti-gay law.

12 Likes

Here is one example…I didn’t base my statement off of any specific article, I just remembered reading various things about it.

9 Likes

“rootless cosmopolitans” :thinking:

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.