Artist creating a 'real-life time machine' in VR after wearing cameras on his face for a year

Originally published at: Artist creating a 'real-life time machine' in VR after wearing cameras on his face for a year | Boing Boing

2 Likes

If the video embed is as broken for you as it is for me, here are the videos in the post:

(seems fine on mobile but broken on desktop, if It gets fixed and I’m just cluttering up the thread let me know)

5 Likes

I can’t even imagine how much disk space such attempt would require. I took around 10 videos clips from a drag race event on Saturday (each lasting ~20 seconds) using my phone’s camera and now Google says that my storage space is full.

1 Like

I was going to say that he didn’t seem to have done much with his life, given the huge amount of white space where I guess some videos were supposed to be. :wink:

1 Like

Thanks! Same problem, here. Just a long stretch of blank screen on Chrome running on a Mac.

1 Like

I’m on mobile and the embedded video wasn’t working for me, either. Thanks.

2 Likes

Laptop drives!?!?! JFC. (I do hope those were just props and now how he was dealing with the footage)

At this stage of my life I could do a lot of this just by recording with OBS as I spend a lot of time in social VR.
The few times I left the tap running and left things recording for a day the files were a bit large and hard to deal with.

1 Like

Yeah, no thanks.

1 Like

So… It’s just a custom video player. Just going to watch first person videos in VR which you can already do. Apparently my Google photos library is a real life time machine.

1 Like

Over 30 terabytes of data collected, with a good portion it recorded in the bathroom.

Welcome! Your observation is quite valid, of course. The reality and effectiveness of a ‘time machine’ varies by definitions of ‘time’ and ‘machine’. :wink:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.