Artist photoshops away the tattoos of ex-gang members

I would agree that you make a good point, if the word “honor” was deleted.

Absolutely not – these things are contextual. They’re badges of honor as seen by other gang members. You and I (and society in general) don’t see crime or rape or theft as honorable. The point is that what was a badge of honor in the gang is now something these guys abhor, permanently part of their face. I’m glad they get a chance to at least see what they looked like beforehand.

5 Likes

Until ten or twenty years ago, whenever I was in a suit and tie business situation, I was always the only man wearing an earring. I usually would put in a single small cubic zirconium stud cut to sparkle.

It was social engineering. The suits would go “this guy gets away with wearing an earring. What is up with him?” And then they’d find I am a technical type, and they’d just assume I must be unbelievably competent because obviously, unbelievably socially inept, what normal man wears an earring to an executive briefing?

Doesn’t work any more. Nowadays there’s CEOs with bones through their noses and forked tongues, and most people know that socially adept ubertechs, while admittedly a very rare breed, nonetheless do exist.

1 Like

4 Likes

Surely a forked tongue is a prima facie requirement for a CEO?

5 Likes

Um, lolipop is a ‘conservative’…

5 Likes

It’s not supposed to show, though, is it? I’m not in touch with modern culture I guess.
dilbertbrainpiercing

My guess is that most of those types founded their companies, and can make their own rules.

1 Like

headhunters

2 Likes

these images help rehumanize these people to those who can’t see past their skin art to the people underneath. i hope someday we can be less superficial as a species and such treatments won’t be necessary.

Grow a beard?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.