Flabby man gets six-pack abs in two days... thanks to some excellent tattooing

Originally published at: Flabby man gets six-pack abs in two days… thanks to some excellent tattooing | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Oh brother, in the military I saw some of the worst / bad ideas ink, but this one is in the top ten.

19 Likes

I see he didn’t spring for the pecs.

10 Likes

When he gets old and saggy it’s gonna look even weirder.

But then it will provide him some wisdom to give his grandkids. Maybe.

4 Likes

My brother spent twenty years in the Marines and Army, infantry. He’s now a teacher. And spending a lot on tattoo removal and coverups.

A surprising number of his tattoos have since become White Supremecist symbols. Or maybe not surprising. Others are just bad, like band logos he didn’t realize were band logos from bands he wasn’t familiar with. A pastel three leaf clover tramp stamp. And lots of misspelled or mistranslated Arabic and Japanese. Tribal arm bands acquired well after 1998.

He’s my go to example of think your tattoos through, and he’s first on the pin to tell younger family members not to do it. Or at least take them to a good, trust worthy tattoo artist who will make sure they don’t cause themselves a problem.

6 Likes
6 Likes

The ab abber is an all time classic.

2 Likes

This is why I don’t have any tattoos. I’ve never thought of something that I can confidently say I’ll still want displayed on my body 10, 20, 50 years from now.

I’m fully supportive of people expressing themselves in whatever way they want, but I also have a sneaking suspicion that tattoo removal will be a booming business 20-30 years from now.

10 Likes

Already is.

I know a well regarded tattoo artist who primarily does coverups and fixes these days, in a parlor that does both tattoos and laser removal. There’s apparently more money in specializing in fixing shit right now.

6 Likes

18 Likes

12 Likes

Chevy Chase Reaction GIF

1 Like

I like this. I’m not into tattoos but this one is damn amusing. Not sure why everyone is so down on him.

I guess he could have gotten lipo and/or put silicone inserts in his body, and that would be better somehow?

1 Like

There’s a much easier way to do it.

11 Likes

That’s what crossed my mind the first time I heard about permanent makeup.

1 Like

To be fair, he could have done neither. I did, and I don’t ragret it.

1 Like

To be fair, most people just get eyeliner tattoos, and Nestor Carbonell (who just naturally has permanent eyeliner) is still looking great at 54!

I was talking about more than eyeliner. Eyebrows and lips are also popular. Here’s a video that describes what might need to be redone/changed over time, because the term “permanent” is misleading:

2 Likes