The Ephemeral Tattoo Studio provides tattoos that completely fade away after 1-3 years

Originally published at: The Ephemeral Tattoo Studio provides tattoos that completely fade away after 1-3 years | Boing Boing

Don’t we already know that these things tend NOT to disappear!!

8 Likes

Did you mean to have a link, cause it’s not linking if so?

2 Likes

Ha, thanks. [fixed]

…html-with-your-thumbs + auto-correct :upside_down_face:

3 Likes
1 Like

I just use Turlington’s.

6 Likes

No, no, that was formulations 1 thru 49 that didn’t fade as promised. But they finally got it right this time!

(Seriously though, who was the volunteer with a bunch of extra skin to facilitate testing 50 different formulas?)

4 Likes

Unpaywalled link: https://archive.ph/Qzbpf

2 Likes

You’re telling me I’m stuck with this Zune tattoo forever?

3 Likes

the tattoo pictured in the article isn’t even very good. :confused: no fun getting stuck with that unless you’re friend was giving free tattoos while they were learning

1 Like

One of the formulations had the inverse effect, the tattoo would gradually become more vivid, while the tattoo recipient would begin to fade, eventually becoming insubstantial while the tattoo gained flesh and developed autonomy.

4 Likes

Some Tattoos should never fade.

6 Likes

One of the big problems I had with tattoos is that they were expensive (or maybe I’m just a cheap bastard)-- “I’m paying you how much to put a drawing on my body?”

So then I had to think long and hard about it-- what image do I want on my body forever? I could never find something I was so enamored with that I’d always want it staring up at me.

And here the cheapness still wins out-- I’m not paying for something that will fade away in a couple years either.

1 Like

I’m a bit of a cheapskate myself but if ever there was an example of a professional service where “you get what you pay for,” Tattoo artistry has to be near the top of the list. Many people have made the mistake of cheaping-out and later had to pay skilled artists to try and fix shoddy work.

I suspect that the vast majority of tattoo artists are not wealthy people, have unpredictable incomes and less-than-ideal work hours. Why shouldn’t they get paid well for their specialty skills, at least if they’re good at it?

One of my coworkers used to work as a tattoo artist and told me that he once had to tattoo a mushroom cloud coming out of a big biker dude’s posterior. I sure as hell hope he was well compensated for that.

1 Like

Ha! You need this in your life:
Microdose SciFi

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.