As Canada-US trade-war draws nigh, so does the threat to nationalise US pharma patents

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/09/20/hit-em-where-it-hurts.html

3 Likes

DO IT ANYWAY.

23 Likes

I don’t think toad stool and his minions really appreciate the fuckery that Canada could get up to if they continue to put the squeeze on. I would expect a canuck Internet Research Agency to be much more effective (and have better spelling) than the ruskies version.

2 Likes

After China, Mexico, Canada and the EU are defeated, the US can have a trade war with California.

Trump is going to “win” this because trade wars are “easy”. Sure maybe some things will cost a little more, but so much winning!

giphy

5 Likes

I think it’s been said before, but I always imagine Trump playing a game of chess where he thinks he can just take the other person’s king and that wins the game.

7 Likes

blame%20canada

6 Likes

He thought he could eliminate the debt by printing more money. Luckily someone talked him out of it (aka “lost” that piece of paper).

6 Likes

Countries have been invaded by the US for less… Just saying. But as someone who lives near a border and relies on expensive meds, I say go for it.

3 Likes

The trouble is that Canada provides more than trade dollars; an enormous amount of food, expertise and raw material flows south.
Any disruption of that would be catastrophic, especially for places like New York where the city only has 3-4 days supply of anything at any given time.

The fat cheeto baby is literally playing with fire to squeeze a little more money out of us.

5 Likes

Are you out of your goddam fucking gourd??? I can’t even imagine Trump being able to figure out checkers. Or Slap Jack.

1 Like

BE A LEGEND!!

How do you distract him long enough to get him to forget the idea of having a trillion dollar gold plated coin with his face on it? It’s one of those things that would really get his id’s attention (admittedly Trump seems to be all id, I have seen no evidence of a superego in him so far)

1 Like

“Horsie takes tall crown, I win!”

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.