As New York State's shareholder suit against Big Oil for climate denial proceeds, Exxonmobil caught intimidating witnesses

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/08/08/boiled-in-own-pud.html

6 Likes

Stand by for a Libertarian reminding us again that we as individuals are all equally culpable for global warming as Exxonmobil is.

19 Likes

This kind of witness intimidation tells me that Exxxon thinks the suit has legs.

16 Likes

Exxonmobil caught intimidating witnesses, AGAIN…

FIFY

8 Likes

Occidental Petroleum acquired all of the mining rights to western L.A. county and planned to drill (and actually did put in test wells) in Pacific Palisades right next to PCH in the 1970s. A citizens group call No Oil fought valiantly against a corrupted L.A. City Council. At some point Oxy placed an informant within this tiny No Oil group. Years later I spoke with core members who still hadn’t known about it. But the group was fairly successful - there are no major drilling operations in the area to this day.

With respect to Exxon and climate denial, in case you haven’t listened to it yet, the Drilled podcast brilliantly unfurls this story.

8 Likes

Oil companies have been doing whatever the fuck they want for well over 100 years in these here United States. (My own great grandfather worked in oil fields in central US during the nineteen-teens, and I heard some crazy stories passed down by my grandfather). It’s long past time they are held accountable. Hope this thing rolls on.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.