As the company founders, used Pelotons flood the LA market

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/05/09/as-the-company-founders-used-pelotons-flood-the-la-market.html

4 Likes

“flounders”, maybe? Who’s in charge of spellcheck today?

10 Likes

Welcome aboard.

You are now the new spellchecker.

Have funn!

22 Likes

On topic, Pelotons on Craigslist in DC are $500 - $750, too.

10 Likes

The company isn’t even from Flanders.

12 Likes

16 Likes

Awhesum!

4 Likes

Thanks!

8 Likes

Well shit. I retract my statement.

11 Likes

Thank you! I was questioning myself for a moment. Founders it is!

6 Likes

Welcome to the BBS!

6 Likes

What would our Flounding Flathers say??

(Sorry, I think I have a small feather stuck in my mouth.)

15 Likes

Does Peloton have a recumbent version? We bought a Schwinn recumbent exercise bike 15 years ago and still use it frequently, but it is starting to show age. Replacing it for cheap would be good as long as the mechanicals are sound and it keeps track of time, speed, etc. We don’t give a rat about the online bells and whistles as we mostly watch TV or read a Kindle while riding.

4 Likes

12 Likes

Now, PE firms may be looking to own it.

And look what they did for Sears, K-Mart, and Red Lobster!

The only people that make money off of a private equity buyout are the shareholders in the private equity company. Everyone else loses.

11 Likes

Fit people are upset and looking for answers as they ditch their exercise bikes in the city?

Toned pals panic and atone as tonnes of pallets of Pelotons pile up in the town?

7 Likes

1 Like

ETA: or should I have made that “founders?” Add or subtract an L at your leisure

6 Likes

local markets vary, but for anyone who likes going outside, actual really nice used bikes are often listed for sub-$200, even 100 or sometimes 50 from people who just want them gone. if you want the data features of Peloton, you can use the Strava app or there’s a bunch of dedicated bike computers priced very little compared with a Peloton.

4 Likes

That’s funny, I actually came to the comments to salute the proper use of the verb “founder” instead of the more trendy “flounder”.

4 Likes