As third accuser steps forward, Andrew Cuomo starts making excuses

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/03/02/as-third-accuser-steps-forward-andrew-cuomo-starts-making-excuses.html

5 Likes

Excuses, whatever. One of the things that distinguishes us from “the other side” is that we hold our own accountable. Do the right thing here, folks.

20 Likes

I mean no offense and only attempt to add some levity and banter to what is a very serious business.

No one’s buying it, dipshit. Start packing.

misandry-in-heels

24 Likes

“Playful” is not a word anyone’s going to associate with Cuomo, who always looks as if he’s in the midst of a particularly stubborn BM.

And “teasing” in his case is a euphemism for mean-spirited bullying.

16 Likes

eat steel
Eat steel, sexist pig.

13 Likes

Translation: Thank God public outcry over my brother’s nursing home death fraud forced CNN to pull me off covering him before his victims started coming forward. :relieved:

15 Likes

Yeeeaaahhhh sounds like it’s time for this guy to go… so who takes his place, or do they hold a new election?

5 Likes
8 Likes

I’m a leeetle nervous about Kathy Hochul taking over as she’s pretty centrist and has adopted stances in the past that reek of Clinton-era neoliberalism, but I’d bet just about anything she doesn’t end up in a sexual harassment scandal. Let’s give her a chance. She would be the first female Gov of NY, so that’s a huge bonus.

6 Likes

This is one of the highest-stakes issues his resignation could impact. NY made incredible progress after the summer’s protests and the police reform initiative is due in just under a month. It would be a massive disgrace if it was just swept under the rug.

3 Likes

There is a god damn picture of this third situation…

@beschizza, you might want to add it link to the image to the story (if it’s not in the one you posted)…

Ugh. Fucking gross. What a creep.

12 Likes

Boundaries, people!

Respect them!

Cripes.

5 Likes

That’s more than boundaries, that’s invading her space to dominate her.

6 Likes

I’m trying to recall which female “sex symbol” from the 60’s said this, of having to contractually attend events featuring creaky, older famous actors and impresarios, and having to smile when being photographed with them: “The smell of Ben-Gay was in the air.”

Guys like Cuomo just don’t get it.

4 Likes

Shall we Beau this? I think so.

3 Likes

A simple REAL apology followed by his public resignation would’ve been nice. But no, misogynist gotta deal in misogyny. Fuck your sense of humor.

Why does he need to resign? Because you cannot profess to be a leader, while not accepting the consequences of failing leadeship.

Live by the sword, die by the sword…

3 Likes

There will be plenty of time to make excuses after he resigns. He needs to get his priorities in order here.

I swear, it’s almost like he hasn’t had to watch the workplace harassment videos that everyone else with a job in NY has had to suffer through.

Maybe we need more than just videos that no one takes seriously anyway? Maybe men collectively need to get their heads out of their asses and start treating women with respect, not because they’re afraid of “getting in trouble” but because it’s the right thing to do?

5 Likes

Damn, it is so tempting to make “sweet summer child” jokes about that. Men need to take responsibility for our own actions and stop making it the fault of women for being women. Like any other form of responsibility, there are certainly those who will do it, because it is the right thing to do. But they are not the ones who need the training and even threats, and the ones who do generally ignore them then act all outraged when called on their assholery. If there is an answer to this, it is beyond my paygrade.

4 Likes