New York governor Andrew Cuomo resigns

Originally published at: New York governor Andrew Cuomo resigns | Boing Boing

12 Likes
25 Likes

About bloody time. I hope corporate stakeholders will be paying attention when he tries to get on their boards, which is his next likely move.

31 Likes

14 Likes

Holy shit. Broken windows policy for asshole politicians.

5 Likes

11 posts were split to a new topic: Bill Maher: With “Friends” Like This

And to think that some say Me Too is history.

NTFX_WE_RULE_GIFS_OITNB_Toast

33 Likes

The worst line in his mealy mouthed, weaselly non-apology is that “The lines (about what is ok) have been redrawn”. No, you little shit. It was never ok. The lines about who should be treated like a fellow human haven’t changed. What’s changed is that we’re doing a better job at holding people accountable for their horrible behavior.

52 Likes

I hope this will not derail the nursing home investigation.

14 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Bill Maher: With “Friends” Like This

Eww this guy is eww

7 Likes

But how can that be? I’ve been repeatedly assured by right-wing pundits and politicians that progressives love Andrew Cuomo and don’t actually care about sexual assault when Democrats do it!

35 Likes

6 Likes

Governor Ralph Northam seems to have gotten a free pass.

1 Like

And he gets replaced by New York’s first female governor. How fitting. And very likely to be an improvement.

15 Likes

Season 1 Episode 7 Thumbs Up GIF by Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist

11 Likes

I’m sure this is a good time to remind “centrist” dems that this was what they chose over Cynthia Nixon.

22 Likes

It works because their audience has the attention span of a goldfish and forgot the names of Eliot Spitzer, Anthony Weiner, John Edwards, etc. They fucked around, found out, and basically became dead to progressives.

A republican could pull the same shit, shed 3 crocodile tears at an evangelical church, and enjoy even stronger support from his base.

17 Likes

Has Ralph Northam actually been accused of a crime?

If you’re talking about the blackface photo in the yearbook thing I wouldn’t say he got a “pass” since he was roundly condemned for it by pretty much everyone and it didn’t relate to conduct he actually committed in office. Shitty behavior, but not exactly the same as what Cuomo did.

19 Likes

Even Al Franken was pushed out of office (rightly so, IMO) even though his bad conduct wasn’t even close to the level committed by many of his colleagues across the aisle.

26 Likes