As Trump rants about "stolen" election, The Gap advertises nauseating Red-Blue reconciliation hoodie

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/11/04/as-trump-rants-about-stolen-election-the-gap-advertises-nauseating-red-blue-reconciliation-hoodie.html

6 Likes

This is perfect for those people who are only half-Nazi.

34 Likes

Healing thru consumerism.

24 Likes

If they just darken that blue a little bit more, they’d have an interesting idea. Just drift the color from blue to black.

Fuck reconciliation. You don’t reconcile with fascists.

32 Likes

Down with Red-Blue! Blue-Red forever!

3 Likes

Can’t be any worse than this Oreo commercial i’ve been bombarded with the past few days on youtube ads

3 Likes

“Now back to your cage!”

thank goodness i shell out the extra cash for a youtube premium account.

although, even that atrocity is better than the wall-to-wall political campaign ads i’ve been subjected to on cable for the past 6 weeks.

8 Likes

cruds-vs-blips

15 Likes

This was one of my favorite takes on the theme. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pn8pwoNWseM

1 Like

The Gap advertises nauseating Red-Blue reconciliation hoodie

Yuh huh. Stopped owning or buying anything by The Gap several decades ago. The company just can’t seem to reform itself meaningfully.

In roughtly chrono order:

Hard pass.

11 Likes

The gap between blue and red has never been more obvious…

13 Likes

Looks like a jester’s motley. Which makes sense because it would only be worn by fools.

19 Likes

Indeed; the Fisher family can go fuck themselves.

12 Likes

I might be open to a “Truth & Reconciliation Commission” modeled on what South Africa put in place at the end of Apartheid, but that would require those who were on the side of evil to publicly acknowledge and take responsibility for their crimes as a prerequisite for requesting amnesty from prosecution.

21 Likes

If Red states want to keep mooching off of Blue states, they’re going to have to give up the senate and the electoral college. Happy to pay my share, as long as my vote counts as much as some moocher’s in Oklahoma or Montana.

1 Like

Let’s see: on one side we have the fascists and their wealthy sponsors, and on the other side we have the “we can accept only a little fascism” people and their wealthy sponsors.

So okay, sure, I’ll take my shit sandwich with less shit, but don’t expect me to be enthusiastic about it, and definitely don’t expect me to tolerate the people who think that massive shit sandwiches should be jammed down everyone’s throat.

I consider it a sufficiently gut-wrenching compromise just to refrain from demanding the wealthy sponsors be lined up in front of a guillotine.

5 Likes

Turns out it was not a real item.
I wonder how much people would pay to wear such an ugly piece of corporate advertising?

Just be glad it wasn’t Green and Purple.

2 Likes