As with Nicaragua, so too America

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/07/16/as-with-nicaragua-so-too-amer.html

8 Likes

I’m sure Putin has promised Trump that he’ll have a leadership position in the new world order…

4 Likes

workers would be forced to pay more but would receive fewer benefits, despite their increased contributions.

Gosh, that sounds very familiar to me.

tumblr_pbv875S21U1qzzsdjo1_540

4 Likes

Come on now, we all know that Il Douche can be bought off much more cheaply than that. A few hotel deals requiring his name to be displayed in 10-foot-tall gold letters and he’ll be good.

As to the main story, “pay more and get less” has been the unofficial motto of corporate America for some time. Imposing that dictum on SSI will require methods similar to the ones used by Ortega (the end of an independent judiciary prominent among them), but the regime occupying the White House and its enablers in the legislative branch will have no scruples about using them as they get us accustomed to the age of abnormality.

8 Likes

I wonder how many pensions could have been paid with $3billion plus 32 years compound interest?

2 Likes

Yes, the same Daniel Ortega who overthrew Somoza in 1979 as a Sandinista. Power corrupts.

N’ if you can find a Afghan rebel
That the Moscow bullets missed
Ask him what he thinks of voting Communist…
…Ask the Dalai Lama in the hills of Tibet,
How many monks did the Chinese get?

5 Likes

There are about 5 typos/grammatical errors in this portion alone. What’s going on, BB ?

He was in Managua, Nicaraguas capital, attending university. Gerald was shot in the head—dead at 20 years old. His last rights delivered by a priest who was trapped in the church with him. Those trapped in the church have since been allowed to go free. Its said that there is at least one other dead and several wounded as a result of the incident.

1 Like

There was some copy editing done already on this post. If you have specific issues PM to me or @beschizza, our editor. Don’t derail the comments with meta.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Wasn’t Ortega the revolutionary leader of the Sandinistas? I guess the Contras won after all.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.