Aspiring pastor blames "cold medicine" after killing wife

Fair enough as things go, but that doesn’t explain all the snide remarks about religion in these comments. It seems his religion was of significance to some people here for reasons other than you describe.

2 Likes

Never read the comments.

9 Likes

Half an Ambien is the only thing that allows my extremely elderly grandmother with widespread chronic arthritis, Alzheimer, and a recently removed brain tumor to sleep through the pain at night. I absolutely agree doctors shouldn’t dispense it like candy, that the initial trial dose should be a quarter pill, and that it might be best for some people to try it first in a clinic setting or with bed restraints. But I respectfully disagree that it should be banned entirely for all patients, many of whom do not become violent from it. The problem, IMHO, is the ease with which it’s dispensed, not the fact of it’s use.

That said, I believe a lot of patients would be better off trying medical cannabis.

4 Likes

Sorry if it’s been mentioned above, but he said he took Coricidin Cough and Cold because he knew it would make him feel good. So either he’s taken it before or he’s going on someone else’s say so. Whatever. Having taken well more than the recommended dosage of it on a number of occasions I can’t say that I ever came near to blacking out without adding a bottle of wine or three to the mix. :wink:

2 Likes

That’s a basic DXM mix. Boy’s fucked.

1 Like

4 Likes

Arsenic

5 Likes

Gesundheit!

My condolences on the loss of your cousin.

Oh no, she’s fine.
It’s just that her husband is a pastor, they’ve only been married a couple of years and that the two couples could just about stand in for each other.
Or well, they used to could.

1 Like

It is prescribed like candy because you literally can’t OD on it.
It was originally FDA tested at something like 100x the current dosage(as an anesthetic). A lot of sleeping pills have a problem with patients overdosing while trying to fall asleep, but Ambien is basically safe from that worry.

Now, side effect wise, it is crazy. However, from an abuse/overdose perspective? It is a godsend.

Friend of mine with both sleep issues and some mental health issues once told me about how she took an Ambien, and came to in the morning with her laptop, chopsticks and an open jar of peanut butter in her bed. I think she said she was mostly unclothed as well? I can’t remember the story well, but I do recall she was talking on the phone with her now-husband when it started to kick in (didn’t expect it to be such a long convo).

I gather she went that direction eventually, both somewhat for sleep and mental health. Fun fact: She recently changed jobs and now functions on very low doses anti-depressant medications and no sleep aids, now that her boss is not a complete lunatic. Thank God!

2 Likes

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.