Anti-semitic Kentucky Republican 'meant absolutely no harm' with his misogynist rant against women's access to health care; apparently, stands by his alternate history of the Holocaust

Originally published at: Anti-semitic Kentucky Republican 'meant absolutely no harm' with his misogynist rant against women's access to health care; apparently, stands by his alternate history of the Holocaust | Boing Boing

10 Likes

Back To The Future GIF

34 Likes

I just wish Joan Rivers was still with us to provide a hilariously scathing rebuttal to this claim.

44 Likes

WTAF?? This guy is a pharmacist for fuck’s sake!! Zyklon B was hydrogen cyanide. Mifepristone is a progesterone blocker. There is no connection between the two at all. Damn, what flaming ignorance.

57 Likes

Bentley falsely said RU-486, or Mifepristone, one of two pills taken to induce abortion, was developed during World War II and was called Zyklon B, the gas that killed millions of Jews in the Holocaust.

What in the fuck is he talking about???

17 Likes

I hope you’re happy with ignorance because finding out probably involves a deep dive into a 4chan nightmare vortex.

16 Likes
27 Likes

That was my thought. Pharmacists are supposed to know what’s in the drugs they deal with- it’s a rather important part of the job. That level of ignorance about a core part of his profession would make me double think every pill that ever passed his counter prior to him going into politics.

29 Likes

Welcome to the Gilead School of Pharmacology!

First off, you can toss your text books as we’ll be basing all medical analysis on race, ethnicity, gender, and (my) religious affiliation.

Boner pills are in the giant vat next to the service window, and abortion pills are mixed in with the grab bag of cyanide tablets labeled “womens health” in the back.

Make sure you grab a diploma on the way out!

(sarcasm / rage based satire)

18 Likes

Look, if we’re going to require that legislators have commands of the facts before writing laws we might as well not even have a Kentucky.

23 Likes

“I clearly should have been more sensitive with my comments.”

Or, you know, you could have tried, at all, to know what the fuck you were supposedly talking about in the first place. Reading family texts and Facebook on the shitter isn’t research.

12 Likes

All things being equal, his profile page lists all manner of professional organizations that apparently have recognized his expertise in pharmacy and supporting his community.

Would be a real shame for those groups to rescind his membership and/or their awards.

Here’s a handy list:
American College of Apothecaries (he’s a Fellow)
National Community Pharmacists Association (National Preceptor of the Year, can’t find the year though)
American Pharmacists Association (Bowl of Hygeia Award, can’t find the year)

10 Likes

He needs a visit from the Hebrew Hammer.

tenor-2

21 Likes

He should stick a wood rasp up his dickhole.

I mean absolutely no harm.

19 Likes

Forget his professional memberships and awards, I’d go back to the school where he got his medical degree and ask them if he represents the caliber of medical professionals they produce. If so, their diplomas are worth about as much as those from Trump U.

11 Likes

I mean, it’s not like anyone does research about things like this. What’s that internet? You mean they do? And if the idiot had spent five seconds googling he’d learn he was wrong about everything? Huh, who knew. https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/0003122412458672

10 Likes

This is the “alternate facts” parallel universe in full effect. How could someone belief such stunning nonsense and then not even recant it? Because he’s only been consuming alt-right Facebook memes as “information” for the last decade. This is what it is doing to people. Not that he was likely some peach of a human being before that, but this may be why we’ve lost any overlap of shared reality at all in these conversations.

6 Likes

He must be one of those homeopathic pharmacists.

9 Likes

I still feel like Congress should institute a pass/fail entrance exam. :man_shrugging:

13 Likes

What the fuck?
What the fuck?
WHAT THE FUCK!!!

We need to quadruple the education budget immediately.

We are doomed.

5 Likes