Texas Republican says vaccines are "sorcery"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/05/09/texas-republican-says-vaccines.html

8 Likes

Clearly Stickland should have demanded that Hotez undergo a dunk test.

16 Likes

Well…he’s sort of right. Its modern medicine sorcery. And its delicious too.

7 Likes

I’m sure there’s a Simpsons clip that covers this but honestly I can’t be bothered any longer.

9 Likes

"Like every other business. Quit using the heavy hand of government to make your business profitable through mandates and immunity.

34 Likes

“Medicine should be a free market. If you don’t negotiate for life saving services you deserve to go bankrupt”.

It turns out John Q is a valid mafket solution to medicine.

8 Likes

All of this would be completely true, if not for the fact that the Republican party has gone barking mad.

31 Likes

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic – Arthur C. Clarke

Clarke didn’t take into account that ignoramuses have different a different conception of “sufficiently advanced” than most of us do.

48 Likes

Good to see Rep Stickland putting his community college degee to good use. The idea that medical doctors know anything about medicine is just crazy thoughts.

45 Likes

“Tide goes in, tide goes out. You can’t explain that!” – A colossal ignoramus.

35 Likes

This guy should renounce any device that allows messages to be communicated by magic radio waves that can’t be seen and that use crazy, tiny electronic switches to show pictures, that stuff must surely be the work of the devil.

34 Likes

“Don’t try to frighten us with your sorcerer’s ways, Lord Vader.” ~~ Admiral Motti

11 Likes

“Do our state a favor and mind your own business. Parental rights mean more to us than your self enriching ‘science.’”

The best part is that this exchange was all tweets, so it took place on those magic electronical telephone devices that “science” helped create.

29 Likes

I wish I could use the force to choke anti-vaxxers.

16 Likes

The whole idea that monetary gain must mean some kind of sinister intent is curious. Would he get his appendix removed by a bargain basement “doctor” running a makeshift operating room in some run-down warehouse on the edge of town?

22 Likes

Make the case for your sorcery to consumers on your own dime, Like every other business. Quit using the heavy hand of government to make your business profitable through mandates and immunity. It’s disgusting.

Me, on why churches shouldn’t be tax exempt.

Edit: I think the real WTF here is that this guy thinks that vaccines are bunk but that it’s okay to sell bunk vaccines on a free market without government interference.

35 Likes

I mean, money is a corrupting influence in our medical system.

It there was no profit motive, we could get rid of the horrific parasites of medical insurance graft.

16 Likes

This rep also doesn’t understand that Jonah Ryan from “Veep” is not a political role model:

Amy: Jonah, your anti-vaccination message is bringing together an unheard of mix of Orthodox Jews, uneducated fringe conspiracists, and kombucha-douching private-school moms!

Jonah: That’s the real America!

Later in the episode, Amy calls Jonah “Patient IQ-Zero” after he ends up spreading chicken pox along the low-vaccination-rate campaign stops.

20 Likes

I think he has the evil eye. Burn him!

evileye

27 Likes

Don’t take medical advice from a guy who looks like Jack Black trying to make a goofy look.

16 Likes