Asshole motorist repeatedly attempts to block motorcycles

Some of these traffic vigilantes think zipper-merging is the same thing as cutting in line, so they straddle two lanes with their car to prevent other cars from “cheating.” So moronic, so dangerous.

4 Likes

When driving in California I tend to move over for the biker not as a favor but because it is my natural reaction when I see something appear unexpectedly right next to my car. It is something of a miracle I haven’t caused an accident bumping into someone on the other side.

If someone gave me that 2-finger signal I would interpret it differently, having lived in the UK for several years.

1 Like

Christ why is lane splitting a thing? They ride bikes which are narrower than cars. I always move over to let bikes through because i’m, you know, part of humanity…

1 Like

Lolwut? :confused:

1 Like

Could you please stop splitting your sentences in several lines? It’s seriously painful to read. If it’s because of a software you’re using to post, please use something else.

As you should. :+1:

I guess forming an emergency corridor isn’t a thing in the US?

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Emergency_corridors_(traffic_congestion)

1 Like

That’d be an “everyone pull to the left” situation in Oz.

I am curious about the psychology of this behavior. Or people trying to prevent zipper merging, which is a specialty of Minnesota drivers who think everyone should get over and suffer together. It does not harm you if someone else get’s where they are going slightly faster than you. I have often experienced this at work too, if one group of teachers get 5 minutes more prep than another group everyone freaks out. Making another group get less to make it fair doesn’t actually benefit you in any way, it just makes everyone more miserable. I think it’s why so many working class people are against a minimum wage increase. It’s really mysterious to me.

3 Likes

There are far too many a**holes on the road in the US for that to work. Besides, they tend to put shoulders on highways that have serious traffic that emergency vehicles can travel down or force cars to pull over into.

Here’s a motorcycle getting some payback.

4 Likes

First off, lane splitting in California is legal.
So whether or not you like it is irelivent.
Just for the record, I ride, and am not a big fan. People are scary behind the wheel. Eating, drinking coffee, doing makeup, doing all 3!
Add road rage, like the whole ass driving the white car, and becoming the doner you signed up for on the back of your license can become a reality all too quickly.
If you have an air cooled bike (no radiator) being stuck in traffic will overheat the engine very quickly.
But like I said. It is a leagal riding practice.
Unlike driving and filming.
Edit
(Looks like the lady filming was a passenger from the angle of the video)

1 Like

Bad behavior knows no borders.

FWIW I cant stand lane splitters myself and was almost hit by one while riding my scooter last week.

The car driver is wrong, but I am opposed to lane splitting. Motorcylists always want drivers to “keep an eye out” but then shoot through any opening, speeding and slowing down at a whim, swerving in and out of traffic all in the name of “lane splitting.”

Meanwhile in traffic my little car is trying to avoid tractor trailers that can’t see me, SUVs that drawf me, and morons who insist on sitting on my bumper or in my blind spot. Then some motorcyclist comes up and starts scooting around in unpredictable ways that don’t follow established lane patters and it’s on ME to watch out for him?

The car driver is obviously a jackass and deserves a ticket and maybe anger management classes, but lane splitting even if legal is dangerous to everyone.

1 Like

It doesnt help that cars made in the last 10 years have you sitting lower and less visibility either.

I wouldn’t think of lanesplitting myself (not that it’s legal around here anyway) simply because of the sheer number of people who can’t stay in their lanes, or change lanes without looking… I want a nice wide lane to myself, to give me room to dodge.

When I realized that even if legal I would be riding over a plethora of botts dots I thought yeah nope.

1 Like

everyone? hmmm. all the folks in every other country in the world seem to be able to figure it out.

one less car in front of you.

all ya gotta do, if you are in a car? is drive consistently, and make no “quick” lane changes. thats is.
the bike will figure out how to filter.

every - other - country…

1 Like

The US attitude that lane splitting is an unfair stealing of motorist RIGHTS completely confuses me.

4 Likes

i KNOW! - as I originally said

“one less car in front of you”

oddly - today is national Ride to Work day!

http://ridermagazine.com/2017/06/12/ride-to-work-day-2017-is-monday-june-19/

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.