Associated Press apologizes for tweet noting that Sept. 11 is the "anniversary of a Nickelback album"

What is worst , they appeared/performed ‘live’ on the Mike Bullard Show. :face_vomiting:

That’s the thing, I’m not sure it was intended to be a joke. It was a true statement and dry tone, which does seem to match up to the staid style you note. Any given day is rarely all one way or another. I’m quite certain that 11-Sep-01 was a fantastic day for someone out there, even in the United States. I don’t think this was an intended reference to September 11th, but since it is the anniversary of both events, a lot of people are going to make that association anyway.

3 Likes

That’s the mystery. It could have been a chef’s kiss level of dark humor, or could have been completely earnest and just ill advised. I doubt we’ll ever know either way. Either way, it seems like whoever runs the AP’s Twitter should have known better. We are a bunch of snow flakes here when it comes to 9/11 after all.

6 Likes

A hotel serving their advertised breakfast during COVID? Surely this is jest.

1 Like

I wonder what the feeling is in Chile, where on September 11th 1973 the US punished voters for not being right-wing enough by replacing their elected government with a military dictatorship that tortured and killed them in their thousands for years

7 Likes

The sign is from pre Covid-19 days. As a matter of fact, I believe someone posted it to a BBS thread in 2014.

(Note: Offer of free coffee and muffins is only good for 30 minutes.)

4 Likes

Speaking of tasteless…

8 Likes

“Somewhere between AM and FM” is more like it. I can’t listen to jazz because of the craptastic sampling. Have a 3 month free trial in my car - the 300+ channels of American sports and American blowhards opine at $14/mo doesn’t play so well in Canada. Oh, they do have CBC … so does my AM and FM radio… for free…

/end XM rant

1 Like

I get bingo on “sheeple” just sayin.

12 Likes

Oh My God Omg GIF by TLC

9 Likes

I already got it with Hillary Clinton!

9 Likes

7 Likes