Pizza honoring September 11 gets surprise online response

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/09/12/pizza-honoring-9-11-does-not-g.html

3 Likes

“Would you like some Coca-Cola to wash down that pizza?” —Some Florida Walmart

Coke-911-display-Twitter%40online_shawn-640x480

51 Likes

“Eat the Flag!”

What’s the Qanon reaction?

13 Likes

I dunno, but why not Zoidberg?

25 Likes

Ledo’s is the best. Go find something legitimate to be angry at.

22 Likes

Most Q people I know like Ledo’s. They’re yummy.

5 Likes

To be fair, if they posted something like “Kittens are cute”, there would still be that 0.1% of griefers who will get mad and be like “F** you! Kittens suck! You suck!”
The only thing they should be apologizing for is to those poor, poor people who have to eat the section with the black olives.

17 Likes

Exploiting a tragedy to drum up sales is pretty tone deaf, but it’s nowhere near the level of offensiveness as that Miracle Mattress “Twin Towers” commercial from 2016!

6 Likes

Well of course people are upset, the numbers of stars and stripes are wrong! More pepperoni! Fewer olives!

15 Likes

My only complaint is that they kind of halfassed it. If you’re going to make the special flag pie as a one off, then take the time to organize the olives into the proper 6x5 & 5x4 grid and make sure you have 7 rows of pepperoni on there.

People who got bent out of shape over the entire concept need to get a life.

14 Likes

Plot twist: Qanon is actually just part of twitter’s internal demand gen team.

8 Likes

…urge to drive electric cart into this is overwhelming…

7 Likes

I think it’s horrible. Can’t stand black olives on a pizza.

7 Likes

16 Likes

all you olive-haters need to send your pizzas to me.

32 Likes

Let’s solemnly remember Pearl Harbor this December 7th with a special “$1941 Off The Sticker Price” sale at the local Mitsubishi dealership.

25 Likes

Can we just send you the olives instead?

5 Likes

hey, it’s your time – if you want to spend it picking olives off instead of ordering a whole new pizza sans olives, i’m cool.

4 Likes

I would also like to take this moment to remember the time that, a few years past, a friend ordered the “9/11 Roll” at a sushi place on September 11. It was presented as a big 9/ written in ketchup next to two vertical rows of sushi rolls forming the | |. I deeply wish someone had taken a picture.

7 Likes

See I figured they’d be more fans of Comet Pizza and Ping Pong.

2 Likes