Papa Johns Pizza, the breakfast of Nazis

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/11/07/papa-johns-pizza-the-breakfas.html

7 Likes

big-lebowski-drink-swirl

24 Likes

My shallow vapidness has kept me from Papa John’s due to the guy’s continuously opaque dye job…

Poor hair choices, poor pizza: Papa John’s.

15 Likes

Striesand Effect, anyone? Alt-Reich sales are going to surge.
Dammit, I thought we were done with these losers in 1945!

10 Likes

27 Likes

Papa John’s is alright pizza. I wouldn’t necessarily think it’s bad, it’s just… acceptable. Barely. Given a choice though i would rather never eat it, my parents used to really love it for whatever reason and it wasn’t until very recent that my younger brother managed to convince them to order from a smaller chain that has really nice pizza. Think it’s Marco’s. Very grateful for my brother that i don’t have to eat Papa Johns when i visit my folks (They like to order pizzas on fridays).

10 Likes

I use to eat Papa John’s but mostly because it was cheaper than Pizza Hut. But Both have terrible dough and frankly frozen pizza from the grocery store (edit, lol) is better than what both sell IMO and cheaper too.

6 Likes

Papa John’s sauce is too sweet from what i recall and the dough is tasteless in an inoffensive way. Quality of the toppings is also fairly mundane, not awful but not good.

Marco’s i think is a little bit more expensive but i think it’s money well spent. But yeah i used to buy DiGiorno’s which is pretty ok and i would fry up some veggies and add it to the pizza before baking and it would make it taste pretty amazing. Easy way to make frozen pizza much nicer.

6 Likes

45 Likes

This makes it all worthwhile:

20 Likes

17 Likes

I feel sorry for people that live in places where only chain pizza is available. Papa John’s/Pizza Hut/Dominos/etc is to real pizza what a McDonald’s McRib sandwich is to real barbecue.

13 Likes

Non-chain pizza can potentially be more expensive. Not always of course but i don’t think it’s been the norm in all the places i’ve lived, they’re always much more expensive. I can afford the splurge these days but not so much a few years back, so cheap chain pizza is a bit of a godsend. Domino’s and Little Ceasar’s are my preference, hell i still order from Domino’s.

5 Likes

By golly, there actually are Papa John’s in Canada. So I can boycott a place that I’ve never eaten in, and didn’t know existed locally. Yay!

10 Likes

They’re all over the bloody planet:

http://www.papajohns.com/international/

2 Likes

I wonder what else is the an official Nazi product.
Official phone: iPhone X
Mainly because you can turn the x in to a swastika
which makes the official console: xbox one x
and of course Vaping.

I think that’s more of a bro thing than a nazi thing :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

blamed his company’s recent losses on NFL players protesting police brutality during the national anthem.

How… how does this work?

17 Likes

Holy shit you’re not lying! There’s one a few K from me. It looks really fucking awful. I mean like unbelievably fucking shitty.

https://www.google.ie/maps/place/Papa+John’s+%2F+Supermacs+Walkinstown/@53.321146,-6.3313871,3a,75y,90t/data=!3m8!1e2!3m6!1sAF1QipNO70oAa_zHsDXcVRHQQB3ElfGlN_PVh1wmAl0c!2e10!3e12!6shttps:%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipNO70oAa_zHsDXcVRHQQB3ElfGlN_PVh1wmAl0c%3Dw143-h86-k-no!7i3600!8i2160!4m12!1m6!3m5!1s0x48670c8feb41f867:0xb564df3c344374fd!2sPapa+John’s+%2F+Supermacs+Walkinstown!8m2!3d53.3211778!4d-6.3310819!3m4!1s0x48670c8feb41f867:0xb564df3c344374fd!8m2!3d53.3211778!4d-6.3310819

Makes me think “What’s beneath the crusted yellow varnish of industrial estate Nazi pizza?”. To mix another front page story on BB today…

EDIT According to Google it’s “permanantly closed” and I see no sight of PJ’s in the Supermac in Blackrock (poshville). I think maybe they might be overemphasising the size of their global Reich. I mean reach. Of course I mean reach.

5 Likes

The people at Papa Johns are just tone deaf. They don’t understand that their product is just not good, the situation with the NFL has not affected other companies that sponsor it. Some have actually gotten more business this year, so Papa Johns claims seem like BS. If i had to guess it’s a ploy to justify the poor sales on something so that their investors don’t freak out as long as they can see that they’re trying to get the NFL to address the anthem protests.

6 Likes