Papa John Schnatter: "I've had more than 40 pizzas in the last 30 days"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/26/papa-john-schnatter-ive-h.html

3 Likes

…and nothing of value was lost

47 Likes

Wait, “I’ve had more than 40 pizzas in the last 30 days” is used as part of an argument that the pizza isn’t of high quality? I think I’m getting my reality backwards here.

29 Likes

He has to choke down every bite but he’s still determined to stick it to the company by taking advantage of the “free pizzas for life” clause that was written into his severance package.

36 Likes

I love pizza, but dude, that’s too much pizza.

Umm, nobody gives a schnat about how you were ousted. Just schnat the fuck up.

18 Likes

No Mr Schnatter you did that all on your own long before your racist ass was tossed out. Your pizza was mediocre at best then and still is.

27 Likes

40 Papa John pizzas?

Yellow

24 Likes

the full quote is…

“I’ve had over 40 pizzas in the last 30 days, and it’s not the same pizza,” Schnatter said. “It’s not the same product. It just doesn’t taste as good.”

Someone needs to tell him that it never tasted good.

26 Likes

It’s just sour olives.

8 Likes

I didn’t realize it was possible for Papa John’s pizza to get worse.

9 Likes

Amazing how good things are without a big ol’ dash of racism!

5 Likes

He’s right, though. The secret ingredient used to be that they’d whisper racial slurs at the pizza right before it went in the oven. It gave it that toasty “burnt asshole” flavor. But nooooooooo, you all wanted bland “PC” pizzas.

17 Likes

I’m wondering if it’s actually better, now? (I haven’t had any in a while; it was always because someone at work bought it for lunch) Like maybe, they quit adding discernible amounts of sugar?

2 Likes

They came for my pepperoni; I said nothing.
They came for my mushrooms; I said nothing.
They came for my sausage; I said nothing.
They came for my black olives; I said nothing.
They came for my Canadian bacon; I said nothing.
They came for my anchovies; I said nothing.
They came for my deep dish crust; I said nothing.
I don’t buy from Papa John’s.

12 Likes

I often wonder if you sat people down and gave them each a square inch of:

Pizza Hut
Little Caesar’s
Papa John’s
Domino’s
Frozen Trader Joe’s
Some random Italian “Roast beef and Seafood” hole-in-the-wall

How many could tell the difference. The only difference I would be able to tell is that the hole-in-the-wall place probably has the greasiest and best tasting.

7 Likes

If he’s talking down the company to lower the stock price - is he trying to scoop more up & regain control?

During his racism incident the stock price dived 11%. He needs to be careful of insider trading concerns - and not be racist.

Also - let’s be honest - that pizza never tasted good.

8 Likes

“The food here tastes terrible.”

“I know, and such small portions too.”

19 Likes

Spoiler: Papa John’s is the one that just tastes like thick under-cooked crust.

There’s a reason that the best thing about their pizza is their garlic dipping sauce; their product is essentially just a round breadstick.

6 Likes

Is Papa John on MDMA in that photo?

3 Likes

THIS. So he’s pretty much single-handedly keeping them in business, is what I’ve taken from this.

5 Likes