Papa Johns Pizza, the breakfast of Nazis

best thing about PJ’s pizza is the garlic butter sauce for dipping. Beyond that, its no different than Dominos, Papa gino’s, or Pizza Hut.

My only issue is simply…dude…you picked a side. You KNEW based on history that you’d get the alt right neo nazi fringe glomming on to you with their “support”. Tough shit.

12 Likes

that’s what they want you to think

This is the same jack lord that was on Fox news during the ACA debates before it passed complaining about having to give his workers health care, and how he was going to have to raise the price of his pizza. He was already on my no buy list, along with others like Bertoli.

And then Manning started showing up in his ads. Et tu?

Fitting this was his next turn.

10 Likes

Just go search the NY Times site…they published a bunch of articles regarding NFL ratings and the facts and fiction around it.

TL:DR version: total viewership is down, but it is actually up in Red states and major right wing markets and down in Blue states and left wing markets. The position that it is due to the protests is a myth. The decrease in ratings is due to

1. conflicting and increase diversity in program options (basically…other media is now purposefully competing with the NFL when historically every just gave them Sunday and let it lie).

2. The NFL’s misguided choice to proliferate games to more days in the week and more time slots has caused an over saturation of their product. In short…people tune in on Thursday night for their team, and then don’t bother watching any other games…as opposed to before when they watched all day on Sunday.

10 Likes

Because some people decided to boycott the NFL due to the protests. By extension he believes that people boycotted his shitty pizza because it’s the official pizza of the NFL and not because it’s not very good.

3 Likes

Careful with who’s name you take in vain!

6 Likes

Why not both?

I never thought PJs was really crappy compared to other chains, but I haven’t eaten it much since the year of the Domino’s meltdown/comeback.
I think that people think it tastes bad really detracts from the more important issues of racism and labor that PJs is really needing to work on.

Side note: If there was a pizza I’ve gone to great lengths to procure, it’s a thin-crust pie that was baked by a little old lady in the rear of Gino’s North (no relation to the more famous Gino’s), a combination LGBTplus-friendly dive bar/pizzeria right off the Granville station of the Red Line in Chicago.
I’d walk to the Argyle station, ride to Granville and back just to eat their pizza, even if it was raining or snowing.

7 Likes

well, it’s the best Irish pizza from the national chains…

2 Likes

such as this?

2 Likes

I wish an insider at papa johns would leak the ingredients and recipe so we could make Garlic butter at home.

Alas, there’s probably some unbelievably complex methods involved using decommissioned top secret CIA technology which employs a pangolin blood/Plutonium catalyst to create that remarkable flavor and oddly low melting point which is certainly not a product of artificial flavors and industrial waste.

It’s like the invisible hand of the free market has been handcuffed to a urinal john in a communal prison lavatory by these nazi pizza magnates

4 Likes

Honestly, I’ve always preferred their pizza to other big chains. Most people probably buy pizza more on impulse and lazyness, so marketing is probably very important to their business. When it comes to delivery, they’ve been consistently more competent at bringing food all the way to the door, compared to other food delivery services I’ve experienced. I’d argue they do have a pretty solid fast-food style model of business. They’ve also got a pretty big tech stack, and pay for open source https://www.opennms.com/papa-johns-case-study/ . Also fuck nazi’s and witch hunts.

lmao! ok, touche!

1 Like

Agreed; it’s not NFL kneeling protests that’s contributing to their declining sales, but their subpar product.

7 Likes

“These men are cowards.”

2 Likes

PJs was the preferred pizza in college because they’d run super discount specials and would do a “double thick crust” for free, so you’d get this huge hunk of dough to dunk in the garlic sauce. It wasn’t good, but it was cheap as heck and filled us up.

Domino’s crispy-thin crust is a million times better than the PJ junk these days.

I’m just waiting for some pizza delivery place to do the first low-carb pizza crust – a delivery place with a halfway decent cauliflower crust pizza will be a game changer.

3 Likes

Lesson to other corporate CEOs-- anything you say can and will be used against you by Nazis who think they’re helping you.

Schnatter tells the Nazis not to eat his pizza, OK fine, but he’s already lost black America too. He needs conservatives to flock to his stores now to save lost business, but how long can they do that?

2 Likes

Lots of American these days who have to give serious thought to whether or not they want the support of Nazis.

3 Likes

You say that as if blaming minorities for things that are not their fault were at all unusual. That’s not “tone deaf,” it’s just garden-variety racism.

7 Likes

Meanwhile, over at Little Caesars…

21 Likes