Pizza honoring September 11 gets surprise online response

The people or the pizza?

5 Likes

Could have gone worse. they could have stacked the rolls up into two towers and then put a little alcohol on top and lit it on fire.

17 Likes

Yes. Olives are the real tragedy here.

4 Likes

They saved that for the sake bombs!

to be fair, kittens are horrible.

2 Likes

8 Likes

Come again?

Wouldn’t it have made more sense to honor all the men and women hard at work erecting the new WTC?

#missedOpportunities

16 Likes

10 Likes

Too soon?

1 Like

Green olives all the way. (Kalamatas OK)

5 Likes

I’ll split them with you. Do you like Anchovies, because I’m not partial to them at all.

3 Likes

The ‘O’ is for “obscene”?

2 Likes

What’s really unpatriotic is that they don’t have all their pizzas as flags, all year round.

8 Likes

I’ll have it.

5 Likes

Please leave pizza out of it. Please…

2 Likes

i actually had some anchovies in a salad for lunch today, so yes! bring 'em on.

4 Likes

Meh. Most outward displays of patriotism I see are cynical marketing ploys. I’m used to it.

7 Likes

As hard as I look at that, I still find it really hard to see 9/11 in that imagery (and I’m really good at looking at something and twisting it into something in my head).

If you look at that ad and it as an allegory for a plane flying toward the twin towers, you clearly have more imagination than I do.

7 Likes

It’s definitely a stretch, but apparently starbucks did in fact end up pulling the ad in 2002

The 2002 associated press headline sums it up pretty well: Starbucks Pulls Posters Showing Side-by-Side Drinks.

6 Likes

There’s even a Snopes page on it:

I realize my previous reply was kind of snarky, and I found the whole “controversy” to be rather overblown – like it was someone desperately looking for something to complain about.

That said, it’s really not my place to judge someone else based on their emotional triggers. Just because I found the whole thing to be a silly non-troversy doesn’t mean that it doesn’t cause distress for others.

8 Likes