Pizza honoring September 11 gets surprise online response

Needs to be folded into a triangle and eaten.

6 Likes

Haven’t had it for 15 years. It was weird and often very greasy and I miss it.

3 Likes

Here’s what’s confusing about this. Either the hole in the spaghetti-o is a HOLE, in which case, you should see through it to the blue gradient behind, or it’s the mouth of the horrible little character, in which case you’d see the inside of its gullet, but that’s white here.
Starting to freak me out a little bit.

7 Likes

Like a cottonmouth snake?

7 Likes

His mouth is closed. The other part is a line drawn with a sharpie marker.

6 Likes

9 Likes

They just had to do it on 9/11. Why not on the 4th of July? I bet it would have been a hit then. Maybe because the anniversary of the country’s independence should be a cause for celebration, while the day we were attacked by terrorists and immediately started throwing away our rights and values out of cowardice should be mourned.

16 Likes

Pizza Margherita

Bandiera Italiana

Regina Margherita

Just saying

5 Likes

That’s what happens when you try to mix overweening patriotism, ersatz pathos, and capitalism. It’s never real and never works, sort of like the healthcare system we have which tries to conflate caring for people and their money at the same time.

8 Likes

Now I’m trying to figure out how to make other flags out of pizza. Canada is easy (Two stripes of Canadian bacon on the sides and a maple leaf formed of maple-sausage) But how do you form a Hawaiian flag from pineapple and ham?

3 Likes

a few Twitter users took offense

That’s pretty much the motto for the 21st century.

9 Likes

‘Collapse into cool’ is a very strange strapline though, and without that it’d be very difficult to make any connection. It’s kinda hard to believe those responsible didn’t know what they were doing.

2 Likes

I assume this is the franchise chain rather than the original* owned by the family: Tommy Marcos’ Ledo Restaurant.

*In a new location in College Park rather than Adelphi, but still owed by the same family as the original restaurant.

1 Like

iu

11 Likes

In 1976, I was a management trainee at a department store, long since out of business (1978). The store had a sporting goods department, which carried a number of handguns. On the anniversary, still kinda fresh, the store’s newspaper insert featured a handgun sale on the anniversary of Robert Kennedy’s assassination. I pointed it out to the general manager, and he said we get our orders from Minneapolis, and they mailed the ads to the local newspaper.

3 Likes

I’m sorry that you’ve never tasted good pizza. I mean, it’s fine, it’s atypically crunchy crust, but it’s not above average chain pizza.

The Onion in 2013.

10 Likes

I like olives

5 Likes

This is what free speech looks like. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

The guys I knew who died in the attack would have loved that pizza. What a lot of jingoistic assho les there are out there! It’s a pizza, a humorous pizza.

2 Likes