Astronaut on space station captures astonishing image of massive skull peering up from volcanic pit on Earth

Originally published at: Astronaut on space station captures astonishing image of massive skull peering up from volcanic pit on Earth | Boing Boing

5 Likes

I don’t see a skull. I see a panda bear that is very angry because it’s right eye has swollen shut

17 Likes

Canadian Lol GIF

11 Likes

I didn’t see one either. I did wonder what it tasted like.

9 Likes

Ok. A few of those are very creepy!

6 Likes

Angry Good Night GIF

4 Likes

Natron was used in mummification. That must have been a BIG job!

3 Likes

Pareidolia is one hell of a drug.

9 Likes

I see a puppy.

4 Likes

I, too, was going with Angry Panda.

That, or cheesed-off mutt.

7 Likes

Anthropomorphism overload; one really has to stretch one’s imagination in order to see even a rudimentary skull shape.

4 Likes

It’s a house demon named Hooty.

7 Likes

My first thought would be the cat loaf in the middle of the image over the so-called skull.

3 Likes

If I’ve learned anything from all the “ancient aliens” “documentaries” I’ve not watched on the “History” channel, anything that looks like a face, whatever or wherever it is, must have been constructed by aliens. Bet it’s tough to work inside a volcano… unless they’re faking the volcano, too.

4 Likes

My Grandma Mona lived in the desert east of Palm Springs. In the distant hills east of her house was a large patch of white sand that looked like a skull.

3 Likes

Team Angry Teddy Bear here.

3 Likes

i’m still trying to figure out how the space station “orbits” a flat earth…

4 Likes

Clearly a sloth

6 Likes

Clearly, this is the South American Hide Out of the Ghost Who Walks.

2 Likes

Reminds me of one of my favourite jokes:

“You should never anthropomorphise animals. They hate that.”

7 Likes