Astronauts recount Sunday's splash-down: a "significant jolt" and prank calls

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/08/05/astronauts-recount-sundays-s.html

4 Likes

an interval that felt “very much like getting hit in the back of the chair with a baseball bat,”

Odd word choice from Reuters. How would an “interval” feel like a baseball bat in the head? I would think a “moment” might, but an interval, which is a stretch of time?

3 Likes

What, and nothing about the prank call? did they call someone to see if their refridgerator was running? or anyone had seen if Mike Krotch ? We demand details!

10 Likes

be careful of the exploding bolts tho

1 Like

I’m surprised they didn’t get a call from someone wanting to sell them solar panels or warn them their vehicle warranty was about to expire.

5 Likes

Hello, this is Prince Albert. LET ME OUT!

8 Likes

Luckily [knocks wood], there has never been a parachute malfunction resulting in an injury, during a US splashdown. Those 4 chutes just looked beautiful. Slowing from 17500mph to 400mph to 15mph. Always amazes.

4 Likes

…or offer to remotely fix their computer.

1 Like

Like this, but substitute “Gulf of Mexico” if they used the phone to start web browsing:

5 Likes
9 Likes

oh, man! how I miss Tom and Ray! that was awesome, it really made me smile!

2 Likes

Kooooo-rooo-kooo-kooo-kooo-koo-koo-koooooooooo!

3 Likes

Okay, wow! That made me smile so hard!

3 Likes

Beauty, eh!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.