At Starbucks, some customers give 'Black Lives Matter' as name so baristas will shout the phrase

Wholly unrelated to topic, but that “awful child” totes struck home.

Get the kid in yourself one of these:

…airports are da-bomb.

Whatever you think of Starbucks coffee or ubiquity, by most accounts the workplace environment is pretty good, especially by chain retail standards. And since most of the customers are daily regulars the majority of interactions are likely to be more pleasant than those with random psychos at a fast food drive-through window.

Double raspberry soy mocha late for Mike Hunt

1 Like

If everybody does this how you gonna know when your drink is ready?

1 Like

Yeah, I can see customer A giving the name “Black Lives Matter”, the barista saying it, and customer C taking offense and starting an argument. It’s a nice idea, but I like my coffee shop people and I don’t want them getting any added grief. Next time I get coffee I’ll ask them what they think about it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Or customer A being called as “Black Lives Matter”, followed by customers B-Z announcing themselves as “All Lives Matter” arseholes.

2 Likes

Exactly.

I actually went to High School with a Michael Hunt. His mom coached several of the sports teams. He got arrested for beating her senseless with a field hockey stick. (No joke in there either.)

I went to high school with Hunter Hunt. He seems to be doing well for himself.

Someone will inevitably give “Blue Lives Matter” as well.

1 Like

Interesting. I usually go with my own name, to avoid confusion. Once I went with “Joey Jo-Jo Junior Shabadoo.” The barista reads it out, tells me it’s the worst name he’s ever heard, and then some other guy ran out crying.

3 Likes

@redesigned
@nimelennar

Another alternative

1 Like

“Monkey”.

4 Likes

I was disagreeing with the writer’s implication that his/her statement was absolutist fact, when, in fact, it is the writer’s non-absolutist opinion.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.