AT&T: it's not "forced arbitration" because no one forced you to have broadband

Reminds me how the French Constitutional Court ruled about a law intended to cut Internet access for copyright infringement: basically, that access to the Internet isn’t a fundamental right, but that it has become instrumental to the exercise of several fundamental rights, and therefore couldn’t be cut without a full judicial process.

4 Likes

Yet, for some odd reason every local government seems to have a law requiring you to hook up to the water system, sewer system and electrical grid. Penalties apply up to including death of course by the local gendarmes for not complying.

1 Like

This is why we need to keep pushing to have high speed internet access labeled an essential service. ISPs are holding back the growth of the nation with their avarice, duplicity, and anti-competitiveness.

6 Likes

“risible”

Every time I get ANY mail from AT&T, it goes right into my hungry, hungry shredder. Somehow, all the Baby Bells all amalgamated into AT&T or something.

1 Like

The infrastructure that busted up Ma Bell is not available, and hasn’t been for years, even under more liberal administrations and congresses.

We’re down to regulating HOW to screw the victims, if that.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.