Attempted Coup in the United States: Tracking Investigations and Fallout

12 Likes
11 Likes

TIL:

Banks’s communications director is Buckley Carlson, son of Tucker

5 Likes

The insurrectionists have discovered the Qrazy Plea.

8 Likes

In his case, it doesn’t seem far-fetched. Assessment and treatment might be the best outcome for everyone. (Would he get that option if he wasn’t organic white bread? Ha!)

14 Likes

Not the fiirst bumbler either.

I gotta say, I hate the lofi graphic trend.

Did this go through a fax machiine, or is someone being optimistic about compression ratios?

10 Likes

Now that’s what I call fallout.

7 Likes

The timing of Berry’s plea — he was charged July 9 under seal — could also be calculated to step up pressure on remaining defendants.

9 Likes

I wonder what Berry of Schaffer can expect of their time in prison and afterward (assuming they survive). Once one is involved in a violent gang, I can’t imagine being publicly known for flipping on that gang is very healthy.

8 Likes

If the plea includes a period of criminal commitment followed by monitored medication and monitored activities when released to an appropriate level of community care, I could support it. His diagnosis preceded the crime and I don’t think solitary is the answer.

8 Likes

Man, our system is so fucked up:

There are only three federal prison hospitals offering restoration treatment for male inmates, and the average wait time for a bed this year for men has been 84 days, according to BOP data.

And that guy Berry’s attorney, arguing about the horrendous conditions his client experienced being held awaiting bail. No mention of the urgent necessity of prison reform, just kind of like, “the wrong people are suffering.” :rage:

13 Likes

Watch for this distraction from the right. It was all because of the National Guard!

9 Likes
10 Likes

He’s a good choice for a ‘balanced’ committee.

9 Likes

Peter Meijer (R-MI) would be another good choice. Voted to impeach 45 in the 2nd impeachment trial.

10 Likes
5 Likes

It would not be hard to believe these types would have a difficult time keeping a lawyer

5 Likes

The real views of the Blue Lives Matter crowd exposed again:

7 Likes

“It’s not working. Did you trying swiping his face left to right?”
“Yes. And right to left. No go.”
“I heard giving it a quick rub with sandpaper works.”

12 Likes

Security Surrounding Nuclear Football Being Officially Reviewed In Aftermath Of Capitol Siege

The Department of Defense’s (DOD) Office of Inspector General (OIG) has confirmed it will evaluate whether or not there are adequate procedures in place for events that might compromise the safety of the Presidential Emergency Satchel, more commonly known as the “nuclear football.” The review comes in light of the insurrection at the U.S. Capitol on January 6th, 2021 in which protesters were able to storm past Capitol Police and essentially overrun the seat of America’s government.

[…]

7 Likes