Attempted Coup in the United States: Tracking Investigations and Fallout

Merrick Garland Has Risked Justice by Betting on Impartiality

Hmm. “Betting” that he won’t have to stick his neck out, by actually fucking doing something toward getting Tromp behind bars?

9 Likes

Merrick Garland would have voted “present” if he had been appointed to the Supreme Court.

12 Likes

I’m guessing we see actions from Fulton County before we see action from Garland… I bet Willis filing charges would prompt him to do so as well. We’ll see what Smith comes up with.

14 Likes
12 Likes

It’s like it didn’t happen, right? Just ordinary tourists. Nothing to see, or remember. Move along, now.

8 Likes

Cross post from …

8 Likes

9 Likes

So, heaven forbid the firms and pols enabling attempts to overthrow the government should be offended. If ever there was a time to throw their own saying back in their faces, that was it. F*ck their feelings!

This leaves me wondering how much social media companies have been donating to political campaigns. :thinking: Sure, they are a useful tool for reaching out to voters, but as we learned it can also be a double-edged sword. Lack of accountability is only going to make a bad situation worse.

14 Likes

9 Likes

Ya think?

10 Likes

What a non-pology…

And that defense lawyer’s argument, “place yourself where assholery is the norm.”

11 Likes

Kick them them the eff out!

10 Likes

No, keep ‘em in!

The military takes that shit way more seriously that civilian courts. Insurrection by an active-duty member of the military carries a 20 year sentence, IIRC.

17 Likes

I like it.

Make it so!

11 Likes

For crimes committed while on active duty one can be recalled back to active duty for trial and punishment.

13 Likes

Then they do time in military jail and when their time in Kansas is over, they get dishonorably discharged. No VA, no pension. Way better than civilian courts!

15 Likes
11 Likes

Quartering troops. This Brit guessed right.

7 Likes
12 Likes

Drama Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

15 Likes