Attempted Coup in the United States: Tracking Investigations and Fallout

10 Likes

“I demand his immediate expulsion,” Ret. Lt. Col. Dana Allmond said at the presser. Allmond, a West Point graduate who resides in Finchem’s legislative district, said the Republican lawmaker poses a “clear and present danger” to the country and Arizona’s legislature.

12 Likes

Ok, this is just weird

his charges are described as “ Conspiracy; Conspiracy to Impede or Injure Officer; Destruction of Government Property; Obstruction of an Official Proceeding; Restricted Building or Grounds; Violent Entry or Disorderly Conduct”, in other words, a big fish.

12 Likes

More evidence that any clown can get a security clearance.

5 Likes

Weak sauce charges and release: According to this former prosecutor, it’s not a smooth deal for right-wing “patriots”.

(And of course it is White Privilege Card.)

tl;dr: Trust the plan. (Meh, I’ll trust it when it happens.)

6 Likes

Happy “first day of the second impeachment trial” day, everyone!

I can’t believe it’s been less than a month since I basically took the day off to watch this unfold in real time.

Is anyone setting up a thread for watching the impeachment proceedings?

ETA: in case you didn’t see, Mark set it up:

7 Likes
8 Likes

“Everyone”

Via

13 Likes

The “rich” and “white” are understood.

9 Likes

I guess it depends what circles you run in. Maybe Mike Lee is used to everyone around him trying to overthrow governments from time to time.

DareAndDare

18 Likes

Still carrying on elsewhere, I guess.

6 Likes
16 Likes

Here we go again…

17 Likes

10 Likes

daily-afternoon-randomness-49-photos-15-3

16 Likes
16 Likes

MEMBERS-ONLY ARTICLE

Article

In Interview With TPM, Jan. 6 Rally Organizer Ties Date Change To Trump

By Josh Kovensky | February 10, 2021 4:17 p.m.

Del. Stacey Plaskett made a key point Wednesday afternoon: Trump supporters’ Jan. 6 rally — timed to coincide with Congress certifying the election results — wasn’t just incidental. It occurred at Trump’s behest.

One of the rally’s early planners can corroborate that.

I’ve been asking Cindy Chafian, a conservative activist and reiki practitioner who was an organizer with Women For America First until December, about what happened. Chafian filed the permit with the National Park Service for the Jan. 6 rally, and was involved with the event’s planning and financing in its early stages.

Chafian told me that she had first asked the National Park Service in a late November application for a permit to hold a rally on Jan. 22 — after the inauguration.

“I tend to look ahead and submit permit applications for dates I think may be important,” Chafian told TPM in an instant message. “Originally I had it for the weekend following inauguration but after 12/12 rally and the issues with the election certification, I felt that date was more appropriate.”

I asked Chafian why the rally was moved from after the inauguration to smack dab in the middle of Congress’ certification of the Electoral College.

“January 6 was the day that the votes were to be certified or contested,” she replied. “And then the president called everyone to DC to support the rule of law and process of contesting votes thought to be ineligible.”

So the rally was moved to Jan. 6 because Trump asked for it?

Chafian also said that she had initially planned to hold the rally at D.C.’s Freedom Plaza, not the Ellipse, where Trump eventually gave the speech which launched the insurrection.

According to Chafian, some of these changes took place after Chafian was sidelined from the planning around the rally by Caroline Wren, a GOP operative. Wren kicked Chaifian out, CNN reported, by telling her one week before the rally that “You didn’t think we would let a nobody with an organization no one has ever heard of plan an event for the President did you?”

Chafian remains bitter about it, and claimed to TPM that Wren and others had taken over the event as part of an effort to draw Trump closer in to the bid to overturn the election results.

“The people that were responsible for setting up the stage as well as facilitating the organization of the event […] had worked with the presidential campaign many times so they knew every detail that needed to be checked in order to get the clearance from secret service at the last minute,” Chafian wrote. “Which is exactly what they did.”

According to Chafian, some of these changes took place after Chafian was sidelined from the planning around the rally by Caroline Wren, a GOP operative. Wren kicked Chaifian out, CNN reported, by telling her one week before the rally that “You didn’t think we would let a nobody with an organization no one has ever heard of plan an event for the President did you?”

These people never disappoint ones assumptions about their character.

16 Likes
15 Likes

The new video is really chilling.

7 Likes
18 Likes