Attempted Coup in the United States: Tracking Investigations and Fallout

True.

And the fact that he should means, of course, that he won’t.

22 Likes
17 Likes

Great job! Just 2¼ years to catch up to what anyone sensible could have told you at the time…a bit much for l’esprit d’escalier, but even if it’s too late to matter at least maybe the stairs are still there!

13 Likes

Yeah… I have to imagine that his realization that he should have held Trump accountable for the first impeachment drove him to become actively involved in the Jan. 6th committee. But he’s also retiring rather than running against a Trump-backed candidate, which says a lot about the opposition to the Trump wing of the GOP…

17 Likes
13 Likes

Salesforce sued in attempt to block release of Capitol riot info

Salesforce has become a defendant in a case brought by the Republican National Committee (RNC) that seeks to prevent the release of information revealing communications within the Republican Party related to the storming of the US Capitol building on January 6, 2021.

Salesforce has become embroiled in the case because the US House of Reps select committee investigating the events of that fateful day learned that the RNC and the Trump for President campaign used Salesforce for campaign communications and some internal chatter.

[…]

16 Likes
12 Likes

The Biden administration has created a precedent, revealing intelligence leading up to the Russian invasion of Ukraine. Why not build on that precedent, and reveal what intelligence we have about Putin’s money, Maduro’s money, Xi Jinping’s money, or Alexander Lukashenko’s money?

Why not Charles Koch’s money?

19 Likes

12 Likes

So when I read that tweet yesterday, scrolling down I saw people insinuating that she was the person who placed pipe bombs on Jan. 6th. Taking that with a giant grain of salt, but I honestly would not be shocked.

8 Likes

The only thing that makes me doubt the story is that I don’t think MTG has the skill to make a pipe bomb without accidentally killing herself.

19 Likes

You know, I never did hear exactly what those were. Were they viable? Did they have a timer or remote detonation?

She would be dumb enough to put some powder into some pipe, seal the ends and add a fuse, and then just leave them lying there… inert…

I guess to the googles!

ETA - no, I guess they were viable with a timer device.

3 Likes

Lacking the skill herself doesn’t mean she isn’t a willing stooge for someone that does. (I can absolutely see her easily manipulated into it as some sort of idiotic “patriotic duty” thing.)

4 Likes

Can I keep my fantasy of MTG eventually blowing herself up by accident for just a little longer?

Despicable Me Please GIF

7 Likes

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/mar/16/trump-white-house-aide-secret-author-dominion-report

12 Likes

Michael Harriot’s opinion on the role of Ginni Thomas in the attempted coup, and the privilege that enables her (and others involved):

21 Likes
18 Likes
9 Likes

If we want politicians to write us a history book, then this what that looks like

7 Likes

Well, that was quite a lesson in the dangers of hyperbole. That tweet’s not even close to the conclusion reached in the linked article. Let’s see - Gorelick was one of multiple people interviewed, one of a few selected for quotes by the authors of the article (no idea why, but I can guess), and this tweet is casting that person as “guiding the official narrative.”

Sure Jan GIF

14 Likes