Attempted Coup in the United States: Tracking Investigations and Fallout

Noticed that too. Might as well have been tourists.

Newsweek is sketchy.

13 Likes

ETA

16 Likes
21 Likes

Should be more, but better than nothing.

9 Likes

Only ordered to pay $6,500 instead of the $200k that prosecutors sought. And the sentence is delayed pending appeal. Not great that the judge is sympathetic to the appeal argument, considering how ironclad this case was. Fingers crossed that he does indeed end up behind bars though.

15 Likes

Boo Hiss.

Lock him up now!

11 Likes
15 Likes

Don’t worry, he’ll find a few soon enough where he’s going.

11 Likes
16 Likes
18 Likes

U.S. District Court Judge Trevor McFadden called Seefried’s actions “appalling” and a “flagrant affront to our system of government” and found Seefried and his father guilty in June, Politico reported. But when it came down to sentencing, McFadden called the prosecution’s 64 months sentencing suggestion “overly harsh.” “I believe you are a good man who messed up badly,” McFadden said, adding that he had an “impulsiveness that is in part attributable to your age.”

jennifer lawrence middle finger GIF

22 Likes

17 Likes
21 Likes

Apparently, there wasn’t an open bleach bottle in that closet.

Angry Conan Obrien GIF by Team Coco

16 Likes

Cruz said Senators were led to a “secure location” where “tempers were high” with several Senators “blaming us explicitly for the violence that was occurring.”

Yes GIF

26 Likes

Mothers Day Lol GIF by reactionseditor

13 Likes

I fully expect a small brass nameplate affixed to the door of that supply closet, that nameplate to be elegantly but clearly engraved (or etched, I’m not fussy) with the single word: “CancĂșn”.

Someone please make sure this happens. Thanks.

12 Likes

I like something more expansive- “The Ted Cruz Memorial Cowertorium”.

18 Likes

“Ted Cruz Cowered Here.”

11 Likes
20 Likes