Attempted Coup in the United States: Tracking Investigations and Fallout

And here’s the continuation into day two of oral arguments:

Matt Acuña Buxton on Twitter: “The second full day of the Eastman trial is now underway. Here’s my write-up of the first day: https://t.co/3T2kwDHPg1 #akelect #akleg” / Twitter

(NB: Eastman’s attorney Joe Miller is the failed US Senate candidate who lost to Lisa Murkowski via a write-in campaign in 2016)

ETA: Recap of Day 1 - If it quacks like a duck. Eastman trial gets underway (substack.com)

8 Likes

Insurrection Exposed provides a central resource for information about the key players behind these threats to the very survival of American democracy. While the people who attacked the bedrock of American democracy on Jan. 6 were largely pawns in a much larger game, the subjects of Insurrection Exposed are the chessmasters sitting at the table.

10 Likes

Since it’s local, I’ll keep you updated - Day 3!

Matt Acuña Buxton on Twitter: “Day three of the Eastman trial is going online thanks to a bunch more snow today. It was a big headache on Monday to figure out but hopefully the Eastman side is a little more online today. #akelect #akleg Watch: https://t.co/TlnxSVKunv https://t.co/4WtHOjGcrf” / Twitter

We get into witnesses for the defense, including David Eastmen himself. Sadly, though promises were made, no testimony from Stuart Rhodes today, only John Guandolo as defense expert witness -

11 Likes

Reporter ‘Alarmed At The Intelligence Level Of Some Of Our Reps’ Based On Meadows’ Texts

Yeah, you and me, and everyone on this damn thread, son.

20 Likes
16 Likes

That was a very positive read, thanks.
My neighbours’ children, who reside in the states, are terrified at the thought of a turnip resurrection.
(They are a mixed-race couple, also lovely people).

18 Likes
14 Likes

The worst people.

17 Likes

Did he think that success at killing FIBies would have led to his freedom?

13 Likes

The Clark autobiography outline has at least one very notable and relevant section about the infamous Georgia letter to legislators. Clark writes that in the winter of 2020, he showed the letter to Trump himself. If Clark were appointed AG, he would then send to Georgia lawmakers advising, falsely, that the DoJ’s investigation of fraud rendered the election in the state inconclusive. “Good letter,” Clark wrote Trump had replied.

These two words could provide a key link for prosecutors not only in D.C. but in Fulton County, Georgia, where a grand jury is weighing indictments for election interference. Clark has now stated in writing that Trump saw and approved of his draft letter to the Georgia legislators—one that contained such demonstrably false claims that Acting AG Jeffrey Rosen dismissed it outright, and one that would have upended the entire election in the state. That means Trump’s fingerprints are on the evidence, too.

20 Likes

(Shouldn’t be paywalled)

16 Likes
21 Likes

Took you fucking long enough.

17 Likes
11 Likes

Doesn’t he know about the lump of coal tradition?

17 Likes

Is it too much to hope for the old Krampus carries naughty children away tradition?

18 Likes

This looks like a job for the Yule Cat!

12 Likes
14 Likes

i’m pretty sure ■■■■■ got the scrooge treatment years ago

The Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come reveals to Scrooge the future consequences of his past and present actions: his lack of sympathy for the poor; his ill-treatment of his own clerk Bob Cratchit; that his own death will also result in the death of the Cratchits’ disabled young son, Tiny Tim

when he woke up, his exact words were: “wow, those were some great trading cards”

10 Likes