Attempted Coup in the United States: Tracking Investigations and Fallout

13 Likes

FYI the group of traitors in that meeting was known back in '22:

also, ā€œPence, Chief of Staff Mark Meadows and Trump attorney Rudy Giuliani were all in attendanceā€

10 Likes

I could have come up with that list off the top of my head!

10 Likes

Same! ETA: No surprise that mrs potato face is on the list, but I am surprised bobo the clown ainā€™t.

5 Likes

No shock, other than the absence of Bobo. Was she on the outs at the time?

6 Likes

Maybe she was nursing a hangoverā€¦or her son.

I canā€™t believe I just typed that.

1 Like

(link from that Raw Story piece:)

and https://archive.ph/I4NPb

5 Likes
4 Likes

(free link)

5 Likes
7 Likes

Again, getting warmerā€¦

8 Likes
6 Likes

also at https://archive.ph/5s0qH

The Justice Departmentā€™s painstaking approach to investigating Trump can be traced to Garlandā€™s desire to turn the page from missteps, bruising attacks and allegations of partisanship in the departmentā€™s recent investigations of both Russiaā€™s interference in the 2016 presidential election and Hillary Clintonā€™s use of a private email server.

Inside Justice, however, some lawyers have complained that the attorney generalā€™s determination to steer clear of any claims of political motive has chilled efforts to investigate the former president. ā€œYou couldnā€™t use the T word,ā€ said one former Justice official briefed on prosecutorsā€™ discussions.

This account is based on internal documents, court files, congressional records, handwritten contemporaneous notes, and interviews with more than two dozen current and former prosecutors, investigators, and others with knowledge of the probe. Most of the people interviewed for this story spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss internal decision-making related to the investigation.

The T word.

Huh.

Gosh, so many things start with T.

Thereā€™sā€¦ Trump.
Andā€¦

ETA: too long of a blockquote

5 Likes

According to reporting from NBC Newsā€™ Pete Williams and Julia Ainsley, the inspector generalā€™s probe into the Department of Homeland Security regarding missing Secret Service text messages hailing from January 5th and 6th, 2021, has now officially turned into a criminal investigation, after reports revealed the text messages being sought by the J6 House Select Committee were conveniently deleted after their request for the evidence was already made.

6 Likes

11 Likes

Part of me wonders that he turned over all that evidence to Trump so much earlier than required was to encourage him to ask for a deal.

8 Likes

I heard it might be bait. Knowing that 45 wouldnā€™t be able to keep his mouth shut for very long, and giving him plenty of time to expose himself to a whole new set of charges! Weā€™ll see how that plays out, although I donā€™t want to see him put any more people at risk.

12 Likes

In a plea agreement, Shroyer acknowledged that he faces up to six months in prison under advisory federal guidelines, but that a final decision was up to U.S. District Judge Timothy J. Kelly of Washington at sentencing Sept. 12.

Separately, Robert Gieswein, 26, had pleaded guilty to firing pepper spray into the eyes of officers, carrying a baseball bat and joining the initial pursuit of Capitol Police Officer Eugene Goodman, before telling an interviewer that the mob needed to ā€œexecute these fascists.ā€
ā€¦ U.S. District Judge Trevor N. McFadden has gone below the sentencing guidelines in the 16 previous felony cases he has handled related to the Jan. 6. attack. He did not do so for Gieswein, saying that he took assaults on police seriously.

(should be free link)

13 Likes

Tik Tokā€¦

15 Likes

Thatā€™s a good sign for seditious conspiracy charges that could make T**** ineligible for office along with a number of GOP senators and representatives. Some could be up for immediate removal, like Chuck Grassley, who knew there was a plan to remove Pence from the equation on Jan6 and stated his intent to step in for the missing VP.

7 Likes