Attempted Coup in the United States: Tracking Investigations and Fallout

These freaking lazy ass criminals couldn’t even be bothered to destroy evidence :rofl:

Photo taken from the phone of January 6th insurrectionist Michael Marroquin, arrested last week…

6 Likes

legal plan to shovel blame onto the lawyers who aided his attempt to overturn the 2020 election, two sources familiar with the matter tell Rolling Stone.

“It is an argument the [former] president likes, and the team is on board with it,” one Trump adviser bluntly says, then somewhat ominously adding: “John [Eastman] and Rudy [Giuliani] gave a lot of counsel … Other people can decide how sound it was.”
lol.lmao.

Atrios at 11:00

It was always the plan- SOP for Trump.

7 Likes

Sounds like a losing strategy to me. So what if they came up with bogus legal theories for how he could pull off a coup. He asked them to. That’s how a conspiracy works.

17 Likes

And the attorney general etc told him it wasn’t legal. He found people who would tell him what he let them know he wanted to hear. Wink, nod.

14 Likes

:rage:

2 Likes
12 Likes

There could be some small snags with using this strategy, though. For instance, many of these lawyers — Giuliani, Eastman, and all the rest — were merely doing what then-President Trump wanted them to do, or had told them to do: to try to find a way to keep Trump in power despite his loss to Joe Biden in the 2020 presidential contest.

“[The ‘advice of counsel’ argument] has its limits. As a lawyer, I can’t tell my client: Look, there’s this obscure, ancient law that I found that says you can kill your wife. If the client goes out and kills his wife, it doesn’t really work if the client turns around and says, ‘Well, wait, my lawyer told me I could do that,’” says Steven Groves, who used to work as an attorney and then as a spokesman in the Trump White House.

Is it possible trump thinks Meadows flipped? This seems designed to relieve pressure on the traitor.

5 Likes

Rack’em and stack’em.

14 Likes

IMG_9762

That’s the facts, Jack!

9 Likes

Trump’s indictments will not disqualify him from running for office, nor will any conviction.

“However, it would highly unusual for a thrice-indicted candidate to win the Republican presidential nomination.” Via TheGuardian

This is insane.

4 Likes

Having an ex president indicted three times (to date) is unique in American history.

3 Likes

AVvXsEga_dkWpuNk2zkBVgkvVTSf9YJsvLRBq-Ry1MlR1WZU5E_DVOsqtgrIl2OCZ8SYmjZJ7xILNeYWI0FF9gsotQiWTEgd2WMVgqKkb050AEnsCmbO9Ch-1lpwXIdepoNR6vo_7Jts764w9-IURr6jhrL6CkCyBjzOKuhf7YJlXkMBeIvepmlJzCLJ=w1200-h630-p-k-no-nu
IMG_9765
IMG_9766

Rudy too?

9 Likes

yes, please!

11 Likes

Oh, FFS. How hard would it be to add seditious conspiracy to the list and make him ineligible? Come on, Jack!

11 Likes

Speechless. Wow. WTF.

Thanks for posting that.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Pop Tv Gomez GIF by One Day At A Time

5 Likes

Attorney 1. Rudy
2. John Eastman (his attorney confirmed)
3. Kraken Lady

8 Likes

The indictment:

https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000188-a12f-db74-ab98-b3ff4de50000

It’s probably a good thing for everyone to read it.

8 Likes

I wonder what Ginni and Clarence are talking about tonight?

5 Likes