Attempted Coup in the United States: Tracking Investigations and Fallout

9 Likes
12 Likes

Republican clerk, pro-Trump lawyer charged in Michigan voting-system breach

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/republican-clerk-charged-michigan-voting-system-breach-2024-05-09/

May 8 (Reuters) - A Michigan township clerk was charged with multiple felonies on Wednesday, the latest turn in a state inquiry into efforts by Donald Trump supporters to tamper with voting machines to prove his false claim that he lost the 2020 election due to fraud.

Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel said in a statement that former Adams Township Clerk Stephanie Scott, 52, has been charged with five felonies related to unauthorized use of a computer, concealing a voting machine, and misconduct in office, and one misdemeanor for disobeying the secretary of state. The most serious count carries a potential seven-year prison term.

Nessel also added three felonies to the charges faced by Scott’s attorney Stefanie Lambert, who was already facing multiple charges over allegations she accessed and tampered with voting machines in other incidents across the state.

9 Likes

Sure seems like Traitor Mike is helping to arm future insurrectionists…

9 Likes
10 Likes

“Discuss” meaning “promote,” I imagine.

Amazing that anyone would still give that shitheel a platform.

8 Likes
6 Likes

11 Likes
16 Likes

Good News Yes GIF by Bounce

14 Likes

Rudy Giuliani served with Arizona ‘fake electors’ indictment during 80th birthday bash in Palm Beach

IMG_4098

Happy Birthday, Scumbag!

Did they not teach you about hubris in law school?

Idiot - you should have been driving someone’s borrowed car and sleeping somewhere with no record on the last day. Hell - in a tent if you had to.

12 Likes

Was this actually the last day before dismissing though? Just a couple days ago people were speculating about arrest warrants coming next. So far the only one I have heard say it was is Rudy, and he is the opposite of a good source.

5 Likes

:woman_shrugging:

Rule 4(i). Summons; Time Limit for Service
If service of the summons and complaint is not made upon a defendant within 120 days after the filing of the complaint, the court, upon motion or on its own initiative after notice to the plaintiff, shall dismiss the action without prejudice as to that defendant or direct that service be effected within a specified time; provided that if the plaintiff shows good cause for the failure, the court shall extend the time for service for an appropriate period. This subdivision does not apply to service in a foreign country pursuant to Rule 4.2(h), (i), (j) and (k) of these rules.

http://nylicensedprocessservers.com/know-the-law/arizona/

6 Likes

Oopsie!

Rudy Giuliani, a former attorney for Trump … appeared virtually after being served his summons following his birthday party Friday night. Prosecutors said he had deliberately dodged service for three weeks.

(Free link)

8 Likes

Seems like this caveat is probably pretty significant; I think it means the court can extend the service deadline and/or authorize alternate methods of service or action against the defendant? I find it hard to believe the State of Arizona would really allow any criminal defendant to escape charges simply by playing hide-and-seek with the process servers for 120 days.

5 Likes

Not just escape criminal charges but apparently be vindicated as in the right all along, or whatever Giuliani’s nonsense about them having to admit they can’t count votes was supposed to be.

4 Likes

Yeah I have no doubt that the rule @KathyPartdeux posted is the basis for Giuliani’s statement that he would have been home free if they hadn’t reached him by the deadline, but I’m also pretty certain that his interpretation of that rule is fucking insane.

6 Likes

Seems like he’s thinking on the same lines as folks who drive home followed by a cop car and think that if they make it to the garage they are “home free!”.

3 Likes

(Crosspost from Elections thread)

:man_facepalming:

(Free link)

12 Likes
9 Likes