Attempted Coup in the United States: Tracking Investigations and Fallout

Exclusive: U.S. mulls using law designed to prosecute Mafia against Capitol rioters

1 Like

Oh, god, not this RICO shit again.

3 Likes

“dans des limites qui soient raisonnables et dont la justification puisse se dĂ©montrer dans le cadre d’une sociĂ©tĂ© libre et dĂ©mocratique.” makes all the difference.

1 Like

And still desperate to fellate his guy:

6 Likes

Lindsey Graham, reacting to democratic plans to call witnesses, has “threatened” to call FBI witnesses who would presumably discount Trump’s responsibility by pointing to a preexisting plan by the proud boys et al.

isn’t he worried about opening a can of worms? Or does his cunning plan revolve around the technicality of arguing that Trump’s role was different enough from what was described in the impeachment papers to thwart a conviction?

my client couldn’t have killed Mr A,because he was off killing Mr B at the time!

8 Likes
10 Likes

Now we’re talking Presidential Medal of Freedom material.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/mccarthy-now-claims-he-doesnt-know-what-qanon-is-despite-previously-condemning-it-3-times

13 Likes

Beyond Impeachment

2 Likes

16 Likes
7 Likes

add to that their stated justification for violence is:

“Democracy is dead? Well, then no peace for you. No democracy, no peace,” Nordean said, according to charging papers.

combine “stand back and standby” with trump’s drumbeat of fraud and their stated reason and you close the circle.

but whether or not he planned the violence, he encouraged it before and during the attack – and he blessed it afterwards. so

also known as the “i’m competently incompetent and you can’t trust me to know a single thing about what’s going on in the country” defense. :face_with_head_bandage:

10 Likes

Well, the weather’s really bad, so what is he supposed to do?

5 Likes
10 Likes

Not one House Republican. Every one of them is scared of her.

Eschaton

Thursday, February 04, 2021

All In

BREAKING: Rep. Marjorie Greene (GA-14) will be stripped of her congressional committee assignments following a House Rules vote along completely partisan lines.

— Charles Bethea (@charlesbethea) February 4, 2021

Atrios at 14:20

Update: see below

12 Likes

The only thing they’re afraid of is losing their own personal grip on power, which crossing Greene’s supporters would jeopardize. They either actually agree with her, or know they need to appear to do so in order to keep their own seat. They’ve rotted their party from the inside out and this is the consequence.

15 Likes

There’s been a lot of “off the record” whining from Republicans suddenly receiving the kind of death threats Democrats get every day, so don’t discount simple cowardice.

But either way, she owns them.

11 Likes

Speaking of death threats, The Onion is once again out of fucks

18 Likes

God dammnit, I have to buy pillows now?

https://www.axios.com/david-hogg-pillow-mike-lindell-mypillow-legate-6d23b1a7-50b1-4f31-9391-53e69e36ca58.html

9 Likes

Quote from Hogg:

this pillow fight is just getting started."

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

15 Likes

We don’t need any, but I will go out of my way to buy their pillows.

7 Likes