Attempted Coup in the United States: Tracking Investigations and Fallout

It’s like finding out grandad once bought a plow horse from Benedict Arnold, but Benedict Arnold wasn’t so much a military leader with flexible loyalties as a granola hippy who wrapped completely around the other side due to…well, who knows why, but I’m guessing racism. It’s the odds-on favorite explanation.

5 Likes

It’s transitive. He says he loves his followers, his followers consider themselves the only true Americans, he loves America.

They’re so far in it that they don’t see that he lies, and that profession of love and understanding is just another lie.

8 Likes

He also delighted them (and disgusted the rest of us) by groping and kissing American flags to demonstrate his feelings. They probably point to video of that as proof.

8 Likes

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/attack-on-our-workplace-370-congressional-aides-sign-onto-letter-urging-trump-conviction

Profiles in courage:

According to the Times, those organizing the letter had invited support from Republican aides, but ultimately none signed on. The absence of Republican aides from the letter’s signatories follows retribution leveled against some of their bosses who have received death threats and been censured by their party back home, for voting to impeach Trump.

8 Likes

[casu martzu cheese gif]

7 Likes

9 Likes

I actually think callu de crabettu is objectively worse…

3 Likes

I…I don’t know that one. I don’t want to google it. I shouldn’t…

Ugh, too late.

4 Likes

I know the Republican Party is a trash heap, but I’m truly surprised that none of the aides would sign on. From what I saw when I lived there and attended events on the hill, the aides were generally a bunch of young, smart type-a recent grads who were just putting in their time to claw their way up. I guess the part I’m surprised about is that they think not signing is the smart move here. That has me scared.

7 Likes
7 Likes

Pathetic people:

4 Likes

excerpt: She declined to comment on some of her conduct—including smashing windows and shouting orders to fellow-rioters—that could carry criminal charges. “Listen, if somebody doesn’t help and direct people, then do more people die?” she said. “That’s all I’m going to say about that. I can’t say anymore. I need to talk to an attorney.”

Translation: I now know a number of my actions will be interpreted as criminal, so I’ll need a professional to obfuscate, equivocate, and murder the truth of my involvement.

7 Likes

So now I’m wondering if her attorney is an idiot or a covert agent trying to undermine her defense. Because the logical response of the prosecution would be “Your honor, I’d like to add ‘criminal conspiracy’ to the charges.”

5 Likes

It’s not Viking garb
It was intended to be some garbeled version of a native American or generally “shaman” costume. The only “Viking” thing about the whole thing are his tattoos, which are inspired by Scandinavian symbolism,
one of them rather problematic.

9 Likes

Powell’s lawyer: “And what did you say before contacting us?” [listens] image

6 Likes

There’s no shame in having legal representation, though it’s dreadfully expansive.

“Well, we appreciate that you came to Dumbledore, Merlin, and Gandalf, LLC with your case, but I do need to tell you that we are not, in fact, wizards.”

6 Likes

Limiting ones’ liabilities… indeed.

3 Likes

yes. but which party did they decide they wanted to claw their way up into?

the party that prides itself on being full of racists, bullies, and deniers of fact? well then, don’t expect too much from them.

11 Likes

We did it and you can too

19 Likes