Attempted Coup in the United States: Tracking Investigations and Fallout

23 Likes

If there’s one thing LG knows, it’s how to properly abdicate ones duty.

7 Likes

What the hell does that even mean?

16 Likes

“Oh no, not the briar patch! Anything but the briar patch!” :roll_eyes:

11 Likes

https://clinecenter.illinois.edu/coup-detat-project-cdp/statement_jan.27.2021

Bottom Line: Using the Cline Center’s Coup D’état Project definitions, the storming of the US Capitol Building on January 6, 2021 was an attempted coup d’état: an organized, illegal attempt to intervene in the presidential transition by displacing the power of the Congress to certify the election. Specifically, at the time of this writing, we classify it as an attempted dissident coup.

13 Likes

Does he think that the election actually was stolen? This doesn’t seem like the kind of statement that is intended only to please the base.

3 Likes

Either that, or he has (or, more likely, is bluffing that he has) some kompromat on other Senators?

Stock up on popcorn futures.

3 Likes

They don’t deserve that moniker. Dissidents are cool. This was Vanilla ISIS.

How about “fascidents?” Like fascist accidents.

11 Likes

Good to see some attention being paid to the cartooneys who helped enable this nonsense.

15 Likes

I’m not about to give these people any quarter but it’s nice to hear them back up the Democrats’ thesis that Trump’s words were the driving force behind their violent and illegal actions.

13 Likes

Just a reminder that this is the same motherfucker who attacked the House for NOT calling any witnesses before impeachment.

“The House impeachment process seeks to legitimize a snap impeachment totally void of due process. No hearings. No witnesses. It is a rushed process that, over time, will become a threat to future presidents."

17 Likes

100% behind the Trump effort, but they really need to be building the months of insurrection talk by other Congress members into the case. This was a Trump-led, coordinated effort by an entire wing of the Republican party, and everyone that spouted insurrectionist crap needs to go.

9 Likes

Man, Newsmax is peepee-scared of another Dominion lawsuit.

13 Likes

Yes, please. This is an excellent time for Lindsey Graham to shit all over the FBI:

Apparently not the only why. Prepare to be shocked…

10 Likes

I’m guessing they want the FBI front and center so they can get to the bottom of that Clinton email thing.

3 Likes
11 Likes
5 Likes

“I appreciate his business mind. Economy-wise, he has it going on. He loves America.

(emphasis mine)

That’s the part I don’t understand. Is there ANY evidence for that, the people who constantly repeat that could point to?

9 Likes

Ugh. I’ve almost certainly bought cheese from this woman. Is cheese a vector for conspiracy theories? Is that thought itself a conspiracy theory?

7 Likes

Well now you have one degree of separation from insurrection. That’s something to eventually tell your grandkids about (if applicable).

6 Likes