Pelosi shares chilling audio of Trump rioters trying to break down door

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/11/pelosi-shares-chilling-audio-of-trump-rioters-trying-to-break-down-door.html

6 Likes

Sound clip is at 3:50: https://youtu.be/RldpC8a9Zv4?t=230

8 Likes

Omg, fuuuuuck Leslie Stahl. Your response to a siege of the Capitol is to turn Speaker Pelosi’s unwillingness to swallow a poison pill protecting corporations from forcing staff to work during COVID and ignoring first responders, medical staff and teachers into a both sideism? Why don’t you take 60 Minutes to think about that a bit?

14 Likes

What happened when the protesters tried to get in here [Senate Chamber]?”

What protesters? There were no “protesters” trying to get into the Senate Chamber.

21 Likes

Fucking A; I need for the MSM to stop calling them “protestors.”

They are rioters, insurrectionists and terrorists.

29 Likes

Why not use the term from the recruitment literature.

ETA: to use the BB story.

ETA: Ok, they probably would love to think of themselves as an army. Reminded of the Clash line: feel like a soldier, look like a thief.

I just wanted to highlight that his was a recruited force that thinks of themselves as combatants. “Violent, murderous mob rioting at the Capitol” is probably the most accurate description.

6 Likes

Could someone post a TL;DR for those of us getting the “not available in your country” crap?

3 Likes

As I was listening to the audio on the 60 minutes report, it put me under that table and trembling with my very few coworkers in the dark. This is one that will live with me for a very long time.

3 Likes

Don’t feel bad: democracy and civility aren’t available in the U.S., either.

3 Likes

Seems to work in the UK, which surprised me.

Staffers barracaded the door and sat under a table in silence for 2.5 hrs while hearing rioters trying to break the door down from the other side. They must have been terrified.

I’ve had people banging on my front door shouting death threats at me. I’m still living with the mental health problems 15 years later.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.