Attempted Coup in the United States: Tracking Investigations and Fallout

Hah. I suppose in fairness the people most likely to have been there are, ironically, also the kind of people likely to lie about having attended something.

6 Likes

Captain Obvious GIF by memecandy

11 Likes
9 Likes

Zip ties! Tactical gear! WTF!

Come On Reaction GIF

15 Likes

But he didn’t actually use them, so there you go! :man_facepalming:

11 Likes

Yep.

9 Likes

Prosecutors said that in the days after the January 6 attack, Garret Miller became obsessed with identifying the US Capitol Police officer involved in the fatal shooting of Ashli Babbitt and seeking “justice.” According to court filings, Miller identified a Black police officer that he believed to be responsible for Babbitt’s death and circulated the officer’s picture on Facebook.

“He’s a prize to be taken,” Miller allegedly said of the officer, according to new court filings.

Prosecutors said Miller threatened to “hug his neck with a nice rope” and that “he will swing.” Miller allegedly sent a picture of a rope tied to a noose to an associate over Instagram and said, "I had a rope in my bag that day

“I love you. You’re beautiful.”

7 Likes

Deep State Pizza Parlor time:

TUESDAY, MARCH 30, 2021

Grand Old Police Blotter

Well well.

Representative Matt Gaetz, Republican of Florida and a close ally of former President Donald J. Trump, is being investigated by the Justice Department over whether he had a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old and paid for her to travel with him, according to three people briefed on the matter.

Investigators are examining whether Mr. Gaetz violated federal sex trafficking laws, the people said. A variety of federal statutes make it illegal to induce someone under 18 to travel over state lines to engage in sex in exchange for money or something of value. The Justice Department regularly prosecutes such cases, and offenders often receive severe sentences.

by Atrios at 17:48

11 Likes

LOL, Gaetz floated the idea of retiring today and going to work for Newsmax. What a co-winky-dink.
He’s a pretty creepy dude.

6 Likes
15 Likes

so much genius.

The interview left Carlson visibly perturbed as he tried to have Gaetz elaborate further…

“I’m not the only person on screen right now who has been falsely accused of a terrible sex act,” Gaetz said. “You were accused of something you did not do so you know what this feels like.”

He also recounted a dinner [he] had had with Carlson, Carlson’s wife, and a “friend” of his two years before. Carlson, grimacing agin, replied: “I don’t remember the woman you’re speaking of or the context at all.”

oh tucker. those skeletons sure are trying to break down that door.

14 Likes

Of course he doesnt remember a woman. She was a child.

14 Likes

He is still innocent until proven guilty, even if all the evidence points towards him being guilty. The press have to go through this process to avoid being sued if he is found not guilty on some technicality.

8 Likes

I declare defeat:

3 Likes

Wwwwwwaaaaaat.

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 31, 2021

Pizzagaetz

Lots of adenochrome harvesting.

The federal investigation into Florida Rep. Matt Gaetz is focused on allegations that the junior congressman had a sexual relationship with at least one minor, and is scrutinizing the Republican’s conduct not only in Florida but in other states too, three sources familiar with the investigation tell ABC News.

Writers just huffing glue and blurting out whatever bullshit they can think of.

Rep. Matt Gaetz, a Florida Republican known for his fierce allegiance to former president Donald Trump, had been under Justice Department investigation for months for a possible sex crime when two men approached his father with a proposal, people familiar with the matter said.

The men had learned of the investigation, they wrote to Don Gaetz, and wanted to offer an opportunity to help his son, the people said. He could give a huge sum of money to fund their effort to locate Robert A. Levinson — the longest held American hostage in Iran whose family has said they were told he is dead. If the operation was a success, he would win favor with the U.S. government and help alleviate Matt Gaetz’s legal woes.

by Atrios at 17:26

4 Likes

What next, Iranian yellow cake or North Korean bitcoin operations?

3 Likes

Sigh.

7 Likes

Mariannette Miller-Meeks? Oh, come on. The “corporate marionette” lines write themselves

2 Likes
14 Likes

In wanna-be Georgia news:

In actual Georgia news:

I feel I have a moral responsibility to write letters, not that expect them to have any effect. Better get that done today.

9 Likes