Attempted Coup in the United States: Tracking Investigations and Fallout

I think we are at the point where ultra rich should be read as so devoid of any real interests they have no ideas for how to spend money. I mean, I’m sure that even trying to overthrow democracy isn’t something she actually cares about, just a way to hold onto more of the money she has no other use for.

15 Likes

Do you not have the concept that is known as “Beugehaft” in German, where they put you in jail with an open ended jail term until you agree to testify?

8 Likes

Yes. That is contempt of court. The trick is, first you have to get them to court. Then, the judge can throw them in jail until they comply.

The problem is, privilege applies. So a hero like Chelsea Manning rots in jail on bogus contempt charges while Bannon rots in whatever Baron Harkonen luxury he’s into these days.

16 Likes

OT but… are you able to take your business (give your custom, as the Brits say) to a co-op, a buying club, farmers market, CSA (community supported agriculture) etc.?

IIRC you’re in the Florida Keys?
maybe something on this page will be useful?:

https://www.localharvest.org/search.jsp?jmp&scale=7&lat=24.562513&lon=-81.76106

10 Likes

thank you for the link. helpful info for when I visit the lower islands.
as it is up here in the upper keys (the island archipelago I lovingly call home is 116 miles from the north end of Key Largo down to “Mile 0” in Key West) we frequent the farmer’s markets in Islamorada and up in Key Largo as well as local cheese and fishmongers. as you may recall,we also turn in a modest garden twice a year. none of this is sufficient, but it may keep some money from going to the fascist-leaning donors to Ron DeSantis and the tRumpistas. it sickens me that a single dollar I may have spent at Publix may have financed any part of the insurrection or its planning.

14 Likes

Crosspost ‘cause it belongs here too.

17 Likes

You couldn’t come up with a better mental stereotype name: Christian Manley

14 Likes

That’s Mr Manley.

4 Likes

‘Bout damn time.

23 Likes

16 Likes

So when will he be arrested?

14 Likes

There needs to be a House vote, but Rep. Bernie Thompson already read into record Bannon’s attorney response (trying to delay, of course, by asking for more time) and Thompson was having none of that. This committee is tired of Bannon’s shit.

15 Likes
15 Likes

Not quite to the consequences stage of things yet, but AK State Rep David Eastman on Oathkeepers List and was at 1/6, but ‘didn’t inhale’.

13 Likes

Hale-Cusanelli reportedly told one Navy seaman that “[b]abies born with any deformities or disabilities should be shot in the forehead.”

Lovely gentleman, simply lovely. I bet he would make good compost.

12 Likes

His soul qualifies him for that list.

8 Likes

Nah, too toxic.

6 Likes

House holds Trump ally Steve Bannon in criminal contempt

The House of Representatives voted to refer a criminal contempt charge against former President Trump’s longtime ally Steve Bannon to the Department of Justice.

Attorney General Merrick Garland will make the final decision on whether to prosecute. -CNN

Rep. Greg Pence – the brother of the former Vice President – did not vote.

18 Likes

That’s going to be an awkward Thanksgiving dinner.

13 Likes

So he’s gonna walk, then.

6 Likes