Attorney's pants catch on fire while defending arsonist in court

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/03/09/attorneys-pants-catch-on-fir.html

4 Likes

Oh good. Autoplay should keep us on our toes.

13 Likes

10 Likes

Stephen Gutierrez, who was arguing that his client’s car spontaneously combusted

I see what you just did there, Mr. attorney.

10 Likes

I can’t believe this was Florida.

15 Likes

The State of Florida vs Florida Man featuring Florida Attorney

19 Likes

You know what? No. This is too easy.

14 Likes

I sure hope his client is guilty, because after that, he is soooo getting convicted.

4 Likes

LOUD autoplay, waaaay down the page. Thanks BoingBoing, I needed waking up

9 Likes

“…insisted it wasn’t a staged defense demonstration gone wrong, observers said.”

No, I’d say it was a staged defense demonstration that went just as planned.

6 Likes

Sounds like a perfect candidate for a fidget cube.

5 Likes

Autoplay must be killed with fire.

12 Likes

I know a lawyer who might be able to help you there…

3 Likes

I don’t understand why none of the major browsers (or possibly no browser,* full stop) has yet added a “do not autoplay video” option to its settings. Surely the demand for that has got to be greater than that for, say, “Enhanced Sync to allow users to send and open tabs from one device to another”, to pick a feature from the release notes for the latest Firefox version?

* OK, Lynx/Links/Elinks/W3M kind of have this set by default. But using those is a bit of a scorched-earth way of avoiding autoplay.

2 Likes

NoScript might do the trick.

3 Likes

This has all the peculiar humor of Charles Dickens’ “Bleak House” wherein spontaneous combustion plays a part in the tale.

The prosecution is investigating and unless he actually altered the device in some way, are not the prosecution going to have to either prove beyond a doubt that he deliberately set himself on fire or risk bringing a very large amount of doubt into their case?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.